Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #1
hleo12
Groupie
hleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Reviews

While I was trolling through for books on Kobo's website, I noticed that they've already implemented a customer review system. I'm not sure how long it's been there already, but I thought to make some reviews of the books I like. I even saw a review on one of those books. So I wrote some reviews, then a pop-up says that they will be moderated and will be posted within 72 hours.

I got an email today saying that my reviews has been posted and they even gave me a link to view them. But my reviews weren't there. In fact, all reviews aren't there anymore, including the lone review I saw.

Has anybody noticed the review section on the site? Did they just remove today? I really think it's weird. I even tried changing the country code on the url in case it's region specific, but no luck.

Can you guys try and access this link and see if my the reviews are up?

HERE!!!!
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:39 AM   #2
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Don't see them. (In the U.S.)
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:28 AM   #3
Cosimo
Enthusiast
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, Kindle 4
I can see it, 4 of 5 stars.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
hleo12
Groupie
hleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhleo12 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
I can see it, 4 of 5 stars.
Would it trouble you to take a screenshot and post it here? I'm really confused as to why it is not showing on my end here... I just wanna compare... Thanks!
Old 11-13-2014, 06:16 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
It's not visible in Australia either. But, that book isn't available either. And I don't see a link to create a review.

What it probably means is that the review system is a work in progress. It's possible they have put the create a review link up early to get a few reviews as seeds for when they go live properly. Or it could be a mistake and some code went up earlier than it should have.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #6
Lynx-lynx
Cheeky Kiki!!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo
I saw the write a review on a Random House Australia book I was looking at on the US site late this afternoon. I can't remember the book now though.

It was above the book publisher etc info from memory. there weren't any reviews there, just the link to write the review.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:36 AM   #7
doubleshuffle
Deodorant User
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD
No review to be seen from Germany. Neither an invitation to write one.

@davidfor: Not only the review system is a work in progress, the whole Kobo website is - with some really old bits of code turning up out of the blue sometimes. For instance, I've recently been getting the old design of the website occasionally; only when I'm not logged in, though, and with a completely broken search engine that brings up stuff absolutely unrelated to the search terms. Oh, and to my great amusement, the old design runs the old ad telling me to upgrade my browser because I'm missing out on their grand new design. (I'm always running the latest version of Firefox.)
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
Cosimo
Enthusiast
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Would it trouble you to take a screenshot and post it here? I'm really confused as to why it is not showing on my end here... I just wanna compare... Thanks!
As requested...

Old 11-13-2014, 07:13 AM   #9
anacreon
Addict
anacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdomanacreon is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: sony prs-t2, aura 6" + h2o
I saw the same review from France
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #10
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can see it in New Zealand, even though the book is not available for sale here. It might depend on browser, I am using Firefox.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I am using Firefox and an account in Australia.

Using Chrome, I see the "Customer reviews" section under the other books. It has a "Write a review" link. Logging in to a an Australian based account, I can see the review.

Of course, now I go back to Firefox, and the review is there. I swear they weren't before.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #12
Cosimo
Enthusiast

I'm using Safari.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"/AuraH2O
I'm in the UK. On Firefox all I see is an invitation to
'Be the first to write a review. Write a review >'

If I view the same page in IE I see one 4-star review, titled 'Real-life Benders'
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #14
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Still don't see it, on Firefox.

At least now the synopsis can be expanded though.

Kobo is the most awesomest ever at web design!!! (!!!!!)
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #15
hleo12
Groupie

I can see my reviews again!!! I don't know what happened... Maybe the review system had been (maybe still is) a work-in-progress... Anyway, it's awesome that they are now implementing a review system since that's what I tend to look at first. Then I'd go goodreads. At least now regular-users will have an idea on what they're in for...

Anyways, thanks for helping, guys!!!