Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #301
maddz
maddz began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7, Aluratek Libre
Problem is, I can't get the shelf management to work - after setting it up, Calibre throws error messages when I try and connect. Hence why I was asking here - basically, if there is a setting in the Kobo config file that allows that information to display.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #302
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
What error messages are you getting?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM   #303
maddz

Apparently I have a malformed database - whether that's the Calibre database or the Kobo database I don't know... I suspect the former because it got seriously mucked up moving files in and out of Dropbox and the way I was handling file names (manual series information). The Kobo is only a couple of weeks old.

This is the error:

calibre, version 1.29.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1781, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1656, in get_bookshelvesforbook
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

Last edited by maddz; 03-23-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #304
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Nope... that means the Kobo database is corrupted. Easiest way to fix it is to just "logout" on the device; go to Settings | Accounts and select "Sign out" next to the Kobo account. This will delete the Kobo database, but will not change the firmware.

You will have to redo the setup though on the device.

Books loaded via calibre will not be removed from the device and will be re-added to the database after setup is completed.

Books loaded via WiFi or Kobo Desktop will be readded the next time you either sync via WiFi or attach the Touch to the PC with Kobo Desktop active.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #305
maddz

Finally! It worked AND my shelves are populated... Now all I've got to do is restore the series info to the title plugboard. That'll have to wait until next weekend now - it's past my bedtime.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #306
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Nope... that means the Kobo database is corrupted. Easiest way to fix it is to just "logout" on the device; go to Settings | Accounts and select "Sign out" next to the Kobo account. This will delete the Kobo database, but will not change the firmware.

You will have to redo the setup though on the device.

Books loaded via calibre will not be removed from the device and will be re-added to the database after setup is completed.

Books loaded via WiFi or Kobo Desktop will be readded the next time you either sync via WiFi or attach the Touch to the PC with Kobo Desktop active.
Thanks! I didn't know you could do it without factory reset, and given that I run an older firmware with a few patches, the process was kinda tedious.

EDIT: Whoops. I forgot you can't setup your Kobo without syncing and, obviously, updating. Well, I was curious about that 3.2.0 anyway

Last edited by hoichi; 03-24-2014 at 04:08 PM.
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #307
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
Can I get Android on my touch?
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:46 PM   #308
KevinNash
KevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolateKevinNash is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
It seems that, starting with the 3.1.0 fw upgrade, this trick no longer works to manually refresh the screen. Has anyone found a new way to manually refresh that works with 3.1.x?

Hi, same thing for me with 3.2.0 fw, Kobo HD, any idea to manually refresh the page ?
KevinNash is offline   Reply With Quote