Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I deleted my database file completely (after backing up) and it rebuilt with no problems. Registration etc seems to be stored outside the database, I didn't even have to renter date and time information.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:45 AM   #17
Bureaucromancer
Enthusiast
Bureaucromancer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
oops, posted only looking at first page, forgot I'd already responded.
Bureaucromancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #18
Willshif
Willshif began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO
Selectivly Deleting free books From Kobo reader

I have found the latest version of Calibre (version 7.5.4) will delete any of the "100 free" books. Calibre recognizes when the device is connected and will show all the books on the reader when you select the reader Icon at the top of the program. Is shows the 100 free books. just delete the ones you don't want. It's that simple.
Willshif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #19
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
i just purchaed a kobo touch, but the 100 free books aren't there... there are only some suggestions that i want to remove...is it still safe to compact the database and empty the images folder?!
thanks
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #20
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
The Touch did not come with a 100 free books!
PeterT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The Touch did not come with a 100 free books!
ok thanks... so i just removed the suggestions and images stored on the kobo, saved some mb
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #22
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But remember... expect to see more come back when you use the WiFi connection or sync with Kobo Desktop.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy SII
was possibly thinking of getting the touch to use in the summer along with my vox

if it is so short of memory that we need to delete files manually from it I might not bother
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up

Its not short on memory! I have close to 200 ePubs plus 70 Kobo format books on my Touch and still have 750 meg. free on it.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5
And don't forget the uSD card slot for storage as well.
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
sammm
sammm began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
delting multiple books

Hi i am new to Kobo.

I just registered my kobo and have bought and downloaded my first book.

I want to delete the 100 free books that come with kobo. i have started deleting it manually but this is going to take me a long time. Is there an easier way to delete the 100 free books?

I have the kobo reader with the navigation pad, and i use a usb cable to connect to my pc

anyone help?

thanks in advance
sammm is offline   Reply With Quote