Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2006, 02:21 PM   #16
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
I've noticed that mine seems to get a bit "brighter" after I've read/turned several pages. That could just be a trick of the eye, I suppose.
Its not a trick on the eye. The eink microcapsules are in some kind of gel, which seems to be tixotroph. So after usage, the capsules respond faster, which means, they travel faster, which results in better contrast.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #17
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Technically yes, but it won't do what you want. It's actually just navigating backwd and fwd through page history.

.... but if you really have the joystick turning to pages that haven't been viewed before, we want to know the trick!
Aha! That's it then. That makes sense as I remember when I first got it I tried to go forward in pages with the joystick and it didn't work.

As far as the little page buttons on the upper left, I prefer those to the circle. They are in a good spot and feel good to me, I don't have the problems you describe, I think it they were more raised it would bother me. Everyone's hands are different though.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 10-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #18
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Joystick lets you navigate throught the history, similar to Back/Forward buttons in any web browser.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote