|10-17-2006, 02:27 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Sony Connect Store errors and HOWTO reset your reader
I had a problem after one day logging in to the store amongst other errors. Well after 2 days i finally got an email back from Sony acknowledging the error and how to fix it as well as reset the device. I am reposting the email now if it is of interest to anyone. I hope it helps someone out.
This e-mail is to inform you that Sony Connect recently experienced a now-resolved technical issue that resulted in problems for a small number of user accounts. Unfortunately, your account is among those few that were impacted. As a result, you may have received an incorrect license key required to: i) access the eBooks you purchased during this period; or ii) to authorize your PC and/or eBook Reader to your account.
To rectify this matter, please contact Customer Service at 866-919-7669 at your earliest convenience.
We have included the following instructions for you to follow when discussing the re-authorization of your PC and/or eBook Reader with our Customer Service Team. These instructions tell you how to delete the license keys on your PC and eBook Reader and to re-authorize each so that they can properly interact with the online store. Please note that you will get a credit for the exact amount required to re-purchase the eBooks you purchased during this period.
Step 1: Please make sure you can access the PC(s) which were authorized to your account (i.e., any PC on which you installed the Connect Reader software). You will need to delete a few folders on your hard drive:
You can do this by following the below steps:
1) Right-click on the Windows “Start” button on the lower-left hand corner of your screen.
2) Select “Explore”
3) Copy the address “C:\Program Files\Sony\CONNECT Reader” (or wherever Sony Connect Reader is installed) and paste it into the address bar – press enter
4) Right-click on “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\kinoma” and select “delete”
5) Right-click on “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Marlin” and select “delete”
6) Right-click on "C:\Documents and Settings\Personal User Profile [i.e., your user name for Windows, e.g., jsmith]\Local Settings\Application Data\kinoma" and select “delete”
7) Re-start the Connect Reader software application
8) Log-in with your user name and password – it will re-authorize your PC to your account (this will be counted as your only PC authorization)
9) Your PC should be ready to make purchases
Step 2: You will need to reset the device(s) which you have authorized to your PC. You can do this by following the below steps:
1) If the device is on, slide the "Power" so that it turns off. Look for a small pinhole on the back panel and press the reset button on the back using a pin.
2) Slide the “Power” button to turn it on. While the screen displays "Starting up ...", you will see the light above the "Power" button flash in yellow. Wait for 35 to 40 seconds, then proceed to hold down the “MARK” and “VOL +” buttons.
3) CONTINUE TO keep these 2 buttons pressed for about 5 to 10 seconds, until the round “PAGE” button makes a quick blue flash.
4) CONTINUE to keep these 2 buttons pressed for another 25 seconds, the screen will show a “Reset All” message, and ask to delete all content.
5) Press button '5' to clean up content, this could take several minutes if you have many files on the Reader. When the deletion completes, the Reader will turn off.
6) Press the "Power" button to turn it on; this could take several minutes if you have many files on the Reader.
7) Connect your device to your PC and log-in to the store.
8) Go to Account>Manage Devices – you will be asked if you’d like to authorize this device to your account. Please say yes.
9) Your device should be ready to read eBooks purchased from your account.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We certainly value you as a customer and are taking all necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again. To thank you for your patience, we will be sending you a gift certificate good for the purchase of any two individual eBooks in our store, compliments of the Sony Connect eBooks Team.
Sony Connect eBooks Team
|10-17-2006, 02:45 PM||#3|
Recovering Gadget Addict
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
Thanks Syxx for the contribution, and Slava for the x-ref! I think we have the info covered in the other thread, so feel free to join in the discussion there.
I'll go ahead and close this one to avoid duplication.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Reporting Errors to Sony Connect||ChrisI||Sony Reader||9||12-21-2011 01:10 PM|
|Why are there OCR errors in Sony Connect Books?||legaleagll||Sony Reader||1||03-19-2009 07:04 PM|
|Best Buy gift cards can be used for Sony Reader Connect Store e-books||Bob Russell||Sony Reader||5||11-24-2006 06:50 PM|
|Errors in eBook Texts at Connect Store||aleks||Sony Reader||13||11-08-2006 08:44 AM|
|Sony CONNECT e-book store opened / Link to Reader manuals||Alexander Turcic||Sony Reader||9||09-27-2006 11:16 AM|