Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
ReddFour
ReddFour began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Saving To Disk Is Messing Up Filenames

When I select a book in Calibre and click Save to disk it is saving the book but renaming the file. For example a filename with "C++" in it will get renamed to "C__" which is annoying. I have read that this is due to Calibre removing characters that are incompatible with certain operating systems (which I think should be optional not forced) but is there a way to tell cailbre to rename it to "CPP" instead?
ReddFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Sure, using a filename template in Preferences ==> Save to Disk

e.g.
Code:
{title:re(C++,CPP)}
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 05-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
ReddFour

Thanks. I tried that like this:

{series:re(C++,CPP)}/{title:re(C++,CPP)} - {authors}

But I get the following error:

calibre, version 2.54.0
ERROR: Invalid template: <p>The template {series:re(C++,CPP)}/{title:re(C++,CPP)} - {authors} is invalid:<br>multiple repeat
Old 05-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dur... how mortifying.

You need to escape the plus sign. It is a regex special character.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:39 AM   #5
ReddFour

It still doesn't do anything though. i.e.

{series:re(C\+\+,CPP)}/{title:re(C\+\+,CPP)} - {authors}
Old 06-06-2016, 10:17 PM   #6
botmtl
botmtl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddFour View Post
It still doesn't do anything though. i.e.

{series:re(C\+\+,CPP)}/{title:re(C\+\+,CPP)} - {authors}
I know it's been a week or so and you probably found the answer you wanted by now (hopefully) .. but if it helps, I just copy/pasted that exact template and it saved fine. (CPP instead of C++ (or C__)).

The only thing I can think of is
Code:
{series:re([Cc][\+✝⨢+]{2},CPP)}/{title:re([Cc][\+✝⨢+]{2},CPP)} - {authors}
botmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:31 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

This^^

There is no good reason why that regex should fail to work as expected; there must be some additional component or issue that you overlooked.
Unless we have some way of duplicating your error, we won't know how to help you fix it...