Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #1
mistersquid
mistersquid began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone + iPad
Fonts not respected in Viewer

New to Calibre. Thanks for this amazing piece of software.

When I alter the font for a viewer instance and print/print preview (to PDF) the resulting file does not use my selected font. Instead, the resulting file is set in Arial (ugh) which is the default font in the .mobi file I am viewing.

Can the viewer be made to respect the font selection it is displaying, am I doing something wrong, is this a bug, is this by design, or something else entirely?
mistersquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you saying that changing the font in the viewer changes the displayed font on screen in the viewer but not when using the print potion?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
mistersquid
mistersquid began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone + iPad
Quote:
Are you saying that changing the font in the viewer changes the displayed font on screen in the viewer but not when using the print potion?
Yes, that is what happens for me: the viewer displays the changes but printing from the viewer (with changes displayed) generates copies that have the font of the original file.
mistersquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a known limitation of the printing process. Basically printing happens in a separate context from the viewer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote