Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
glenshoe
Nature boy
glenshoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Newspaper Comics

I recently bought a Kindle partially because I was happy to learn that I could subscribe to several newspapers and have them delivered automatically. What a surprise to find that comics were not included in the daily feed. I'm not sure if this is because the particular papers don't include them or that they're lost as part of the Amazon feed. Or maybe I just don't understand how this whole thing works. Can anyone enlighten me (on this subject at least)? Glenn
glenshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
Tricorp
Enthusiast
Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Tricorp writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
It really has to do with formatting Comics for ereaders. It is a hassle and so they don't bother. Not that there is any legal reason, they just won't put that much time into something that is a real hassle. Formating any picture is a trick, but keeping words legible while resizing is something that cannot be put through an autoformatter.
Tricorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Comics work fine automatically on the kindle. See for example the various comics feeds in calibre (Dilbert, fokke en sukke are two examples)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote