Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-16-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST Glow & PocketBook 360
Miss my PB360

Sigh,

Really miss my PocketBook 360.

It died a couple of years ago, and ive beem making due with a Nook Simple Touch Glowlight.

Just NOT the same !

Does anyone know of a ereader out there that is simular to the 360?

I know that they stopped making the 360 years ago also. ( personally think that was a terrible decision)

I have had issues with the NST (had to get it swapped out couple of times) and I think I would really really like to try and find something like the 360 again.

Thank you

Larry
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Really miss my PocketBook 360.
Nook Simple Touch Glowlight.
Just NOT the same !
Does anyone know of a ereader out there that is simular to the 360?
I miss my PB 360° too.

I had many readers since my little PocketBook developed problem with a screen driver.
I had the first Paperwhite, but I was very unhappy with it, because I as so used to being able to configure everything to my taste.

I even had Nook Simple Touch. I have rooted it so I could install FBReader and Coolreader hoping it would be more like my favorite device. I sat on the shelf until I sold it ...

At the moment I have PocketBook Touch Lux 623 [not manufactured anymore] and even that was a disappointment, because generation 4 firmware is not as good as ones on PB360. Newer versions - generation 5 are even much worse. Fortunately there is Coolreader that makes our life bearable.

I am constantly on the lookout for the device with the same form-factor and a lid and there isn't anything like it on the market.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:30 PM   #3
HD Master
HD Master began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
^

take a look at tolino vision 3d HD
HD Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:31 AM   #4
h2g2
h2g2 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
I just received a PocketBook Touch Lux to replace my battled 360 and I already miss the 360. It seems much work has been done on some features that are peripheral for me (bookstores, notes, ...) but some useful features have been dumped.
What I miss most:
- display the current book page during boot, to start reading without waiting,
- sort books by file name
For 626 as well as other brands (Kobo), I do not find touch navigation so intuitive.
h2g2 is offline   Reply With Quote