|04-15-2010, 10:45 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Additional function ideas
I am currently writing notes while reading a PDF on my DR800 and have noticed a few things that would make note taking more user friendly and functional.
1. It would be great if you could add blank spaces in a PDF to add notes to so that you dont have to write in the edges (that sometimes dont exist). I guess what I am imagining here is like using a 'post-it' note. A small location assignable icon could represent a link to an expandable window in which you could write notes in attached to the PDF. Failing this it would be great to be able to make notes and be able to hide the text behind them so you could read the notes. This would be easier to code I guess but it would need an easily accessible toggle button in the task bar.
2. It would be fantastic if you could have a notebook attached to a PDF where you could write ideas and summaries and be able to toggle back and forth between your current page and the notebook.
3. Naming of bookmarks would be very handy
4. Having a recently opened book list would be good and easy to code I would imagine as you already have it. I use the folder hack to view my PDF's so maybe this already exists when you use the traditional 'book' menu option, I am not sure.
5. A greyscale highlighting feature would be good too as the pen feature can often obscure what you have underlined as the pen does not seem to want to calibrate accurately enough and even then my hand is not accurate enough to always be so precise.
6. Being able to customise the taskbar at the bottom with pen, eraser and pan buttons would be sweet. I think this is already planned for the official release but why not mention it while I am at it.
All that said, I am really happy with my purchase and it's great that developers are taking such a keen interest in customer feedback. I used to sell your ereaders at DA Books in Australia when they were very very new and it's great to still be involved with iRex, albeit on the other end of the stick.
|04-15-2010, 05:19 PM||#2|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Russia, Moscow
Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
I second your "post-it" proposal.
In the university, we are given some problems for each seminar; these are uploaded on official site in pdf format. It would be great not to take tons of paper with myself every day, but, instead of that, just solve this tasks on DR800. However, it currently requires reformatting so that each math problem (2-3 lines of text) will be on its own, separate page. With the "post-it" feature (or something similar) i'd be able to just mark the problem i want to solve and get an empty scratchpad for it (ideally, with the conditions of the problem on the screen).
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|additional reading..||scottjl||Apple Devices||1||04-28-2010 06:24 PM|
|ADDITIONAL CSS||LARdT||Calibre||1||02-04-2010 08:02 PM|
|What Additional Function would you like to see in your reader?||WT Sharpe||News||94||10-25-2009 07:56 PM|
|Additional Columns||dvs0826||Calibre||3||08-22-2009 06:43 PM|