Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
RTF Settings and blank space at the bottom of the page

After reading a book or two in txt format using the middle size and whatever font it puts things in (courier new?) I decided to play with moving a txt file into rtf. I settled on Arial, 18point, and justified text. The only problem I'm seeing is that there seems to be blank space at the bottom where there is room for another line (see attached picutre - and please excuse the fuzzines of the picture - the reader text looks great I swear ). Has anyone else noticed this? I tried playing with the margins but the readers seems to ignore this setting. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1785  
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hmm, I hadn't noticed it before you pointed it out, but mine seems to do the same thing. It seems less pronounced in the S size, but that's probably an artifact of the font size.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2006, 05:31 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Perhaps there is a built-in feature to make sure that the line at the bottom is not broken or "in half". And it could be a rounding error that wrongly assumes that there is not enough space for one more full line in the bottom.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote