Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
There's also the Free Books app which isn't bad for public domain stuff.

It has a menu bar at the top you slide along that has authors, genres etc. listed. It's a neat way to scroll around and find something new to read.

The reader interface is ok but not great. To flip pages you tap the left and right side of the screen (for previous and next respectively) but oddly the pages flip up veritcally--at least holding the iPad in portrait mode. I didn't try it in landscape mode.

I didn't really read in it--just checked it out on my girlfriend's iPad, so I'm not sure about features like adjusting brightness in app, bookmarks etc.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Great summary, Scottjl. I completely agree with your assessment of the ebook apps thus far, although I haven't tried Watt Pad and don't think I will by the sounds of it.

Regarding the free ebook app you mentioned, dmaul1114, you actually covered all the features in your post. It's good for some freebies, and is put together well enough, but there's no way to adjust font size or anything else for that matter. But it's good if you just need a quick pd read. The books are formatted well, from the few I tested.

Also, I updated the first post in this thread to add the links to the Kindle and Kobo iPad app reviews.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Tags
ibooks review, ipad review