Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 10-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
GPS solutions for Pocket PC

Recently I bought a GPS Mouse. I am still undecided which GPS software to use with it, but for those who are like me looking for the right solution, you should check out this PPC Mag article which has a good overview. I am currently tending towards TomTom and Destinator.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Recently I bought a GPS Mouse.
Gee, I feel left behind, all I have is an optical mouse.

Of course it does get better than +/- 3 meters resolution....
Old 10-08-2006, 03:17 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Gee, I feel left behind, all I have is an optical mouse.

Of course it does get better than +/- 3 meters resolution....
OMG! You really got me rolling on thefloor here for a minute.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:07 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
OMG! You really got me rolling on thefloor here for a minute.
First time I went in a store asking for a "GPS antenna"... sales guy said, "you mean a GPS mouse?"... I said, "no, I want an antenna".

Whoever decided to call it a mouse should be relentlessly beaten with a rusty iron rod.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
When he told me of his purchase, I thought it was a convergence device... wireless laptop mouse / GPS device. Very confusing.

Now I will ever be able to hear "GPS mouse" without thinking immediatly about how +/- 3 meters resolution is totally inadequate for navigating a GUI interface! Great one NatCh!
Old 10-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
I'm glad to amuse!

I figure I'm so easily amused, I should share!
Old 10-08-2006, 04:29 PM   #7
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Recently I bought a GPS Mouse. I am still undecided which GPS software to use with it, but for those who are like me looking for the right solution, you should check out this PPC Mag article which has a good overview. I am currently tending towards TomTom and Destinator.

I've been thinking about the SD card GPS, but I'm not sure that it comes software-less. I'd like the option to try some of these other software solutions rather than being saddled with one I might not like. Does anyone else make/sell the SD card solution other than Pharos?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
... and Alex, does your setup look like Paul Biba's?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPSmouse.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	1776  
Old 10-09-2006, 04:04 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
... and Alex, does your setup look like Paul Biba's?
Heh, and I thought I was crazy (having a built-in GPS in my car already and buying a mobile one now). But Paul is definitely *insane*!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:06 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride Of Lions
I've been thinking about the SD card GPS, but I'm not sure that it comes software-less. I'd like the option to try some of these other software solutions rather than being saddled with one I might not like. Does anyone else make/sell the SD card solution other than Pharos?
Before I bought the Bluetooth GPS receiver (everyone agrees this sounds better than GPS mouse?), I did some research on GPS SD cards. It seems they don't perform so well and there are also some compatibility issues. And third, they'd use your PDA's battery, which may be not so cool. The GPS mouse (oops, here it is again) I bought has a 17 hours battery, which lasts more than enough for a weekend trip. Plus thanks to Bluetooth you can carry it in your bag or elsewhere and still use it with your Bluetooth-capable devices. Very nice!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:48 AM   #11
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
i bought a GPS (SD-502) SD card as my pda doesn't have bluetooth :<
yet to give it a testing, mount and cigarette adapter on order.