|04-01-2010, 09:18 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Converting to EPUB having issues with page offsets
I have a Sony Reader 505 and I am having an issue with Calibre converting a MOBI file to EPUB. When I convert it, it looks okay, but when I start reading it on the Sony Reader, the top of the page is shifted off of the screen for some reason, so I lose 1 line of text (which made the book confusing until I figured out the issue).
If I convert the MOBI file to LRF, everything looks fine and I can read it, but I am curious what I am doing wrong.
I am using Calibre 0.6.46 and not really fiddling with anything.
- I select the book and that I want to convert it.
- I leave EPUB as the output format.
- On Page Setup I select "Sony Reader" as the Output profile and "Kindle" as the Input profile (original source of the MOBI).
- I hit OK and wait for it to convert.
Is the EPUB output still a work in progress? I noticed several differences in the LRF versus EPUB versions:
- EPUB was shifted somehow, so the first N pixels (first line) were off the screen
- EPUB had little page numbers on the side of the screeen, did not see how to disable their generation
- LRF seemed to convert the graphics better
- LRF handled centering headers and such better
Calibre is great, I am just trying to understand how mature the EPUB output should be on the Sony Reader.
|04-01-2010, 11:40 PM||#2|
creator of calibre
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
This is most likely caused by some bad html in the MOBI file. LRF is not a html based format so it works around the problem. EPUB is html based, so the bad html carries over
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Converting a web page to epub with TOC||philosopherdog||Calibre||5||07-23-2010 07:55 AM|
|bookmark issues converting HTML to EPUB||isabellkirsten||Calibre||0||04-09-2010 11:47 PM|
|converting epub to pdf: can't get the front page image in||Nicoo||Calibre||3||12-05-2009 08:18 AM|
|Any way to force page breaks when converting HTML to EPUB||Bierkonig||Calibre||23||10-31-2009 01:51 PM|
|Formatting issues when converting PDF to EPUB||raptir||Calibre||2||10-21-2009 10:32 PM|