Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
Troublesome book

So I've got this book that's being a real pain in the ass. I bought it as an ereader file, stripped the DRM off, and converted the html file to ePub with Sigil. (Is it just me or do an inordinate number of books created from stripped ereader files cause problems?) I got a couple hundred pages into the ePub file with no problems, and then it decided it was just not going to open in ADE. That's a little weird, but ok, I just put together a couple different formats in calibre. It won't open the true fb2 file that calibre cranked out , and I've wanted to play around with the new coolreader software, so I made a copy of the ePub and appended .fb2 to the end, and that's worked alright so far. It's been a bit prone to lock ups, but it's readable.

Here's the really weird thing. I've been restarting my reader more than usual lately, and I noticed that when I go to the trouble of setting the date and time the damn book won't open at all. It just locks up on that loading screen with the gear. When I get fed up after a couple restarts I'll try opening the book without setting the clock and everything is fine. That's weird right?
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateMonkey View Post
Here's the really weird thing. I've been restarting my reader more than usual lately, and I noticed that when I go to the trouble of setting the date and time the damn book won't open at all. It just locks up on that loading screen with the gear. When I get fed up after a couple restarts I'll try opening the book without setting the clock and everything is fine. That's weird right?
Try the HTML file. It renders quite well on the Pocket Pro.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
[QUOTE=Here's the really weird thing. I've been restarting my reader more than usual lately, and I noticed that when I go to the trouble of setting the date and time the damn book won't open at all. It just locks up on that loading screen with the gear. When I get fed up after a couple restarts I'll try opening the book without setting the clock and everything is fine. That's weird right?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem with mine. After setting date and time I can't listen to music just sends me back the loading screen and stays stuck there... I am also having problems adding books with the usb cable. It's running very very very slow. I have been waiting on book transfers for over two hours now.... I have restarted, updated my usb drivers and all... the ebook is turning out to be a bad choice for me.

Last edited by nimblem; 04-25-2010 at 09:11 AM.
nimblem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I have the same problem with mine. After setting date and time I can't listen to music just sends me back the loading screen and stays stuck there... I am also having problems adding books with the usb cable. It's running very very very slow. I have been waiting on book transfers for over two hours now.... I have restarted, updated my usb drivers and all... the ebook is turning out to be a choice for me.
Are yew guys using the Astak firmware or the Lbook firmware?
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
KarateMonkey
Connoisseur
KarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litterKarateMonkey doesn't litter

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, Sony PRS-300
I'm using the newest version of the Astak firmware.
KarateMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

I am using the April astak firmware
Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
nimblem
Addict

Maybe it has to do with my SD card... I am using a 16gb class 2 card... Should I upgrade to higher class? what is the highest class card i can use? There really is no need for a 16gb card at this point. There are 574 books on the card and not even a tenth of the card is used up.