Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Bookbee
Bookbee began at the beginning.

Device: jasondavis
Talking The perils of the ebook reader: P-book guilt

Anyone experienced p-book guilt? You'll recognise it - it feels like cheating in a relationship (I would imagine). Do ebooks sense that you're reading a paper book?

I got a freebie p-book from work last week and had to hide my Kindle away in the cupboard. Have I gone mad? Probably.

I wrote a post on it at my blog www.bookbee.net

Cheers

JD
Bookbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone 4S
Not me. Good riddens to dead tree books.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookbee View Post
Anyone experienced p-book guilt? You'll recognise it - it feels like cheating in a relationship (I would imagine). Do ebooks sense that you're reading a paper book?

I got a freebie p-book from work last week and had to hide my Kindle away in the cupboard. Have I gone mad? Probably.

I wrote a post on it at my blog www.bookbee.net

Cheers

JD
*Reverse* p-book guilt here. That's right, I have to hide any p-books so my K2s don't get pissed at me.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
K-Thom
Wizard
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
I keep my reading devices on the top shelf where my books won't reach them. So, as long as my books don't learn how to climb, my Kindle et al should be safe.

Paper books are like parents. You take care of them when they get older. But it's my eInk relationship which keeps me young and crisp.

* remind me to call my shrink next week ...
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, 350; Nook STR; Kindle T, NT4B; Nexus 7; Superpad 10in tablet
My 505 and I have come to an "agreement". I read most of my books on it and it works without giving me hassles. For my pbook indiscretions, I just beg forgiveness and argue that I'm a manly reader and that is what manly readers do, it is in the genes baby ;-X
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've had a pbook haunting me for a little over a year that needs to be read. I see it and go find alcohol
kindlekitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle GDX, Kindle 3, KPW, Nook HD+
Nope.. No guilt. My Kindle and my Pbooks share my life. I even read pbooks that are available on my kindle...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, 350; Nook STR; Kindle T, NT4B; Nexus 7; Superpad 10in tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Nope.. No guilt. My Kindle and my Pbooks share my life. I even read pbooks that are available on my kindle...
Guess you 3 have a very "open" relationship, eh?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #9
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Guess you 3 have a very "open" relationship, eh?
Or he is a Mormon.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #10
alecE
Addict
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650 liseuses
I've established a ménage à trois with my liseuse, my p-books et moi; trouble is the other two keep huddling together on the bookshelves whispering and giggling, looking at me then giggling again (and I keep hearing these voices.....)
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #11
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Nexus 4, HP Touchpad, Nexus 7.
I'm sure my p-books don't know about my reader. I think I've been so careful. Oh... perhaps everyone knows but me...
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM   #12
Sydney's Mom
I Bleed Cubby Blue
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Fire HDX , IPad and Samsung Tab 2
I have bought many of my to be read pbooks in electronic form and put them on my kindle. Does that make me a bigamist?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
What's a pbook? I haven't seen or touched one of those in the two years I've owned my Sony.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #14
cearbhallain
Groupie
cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.cearbhallain is no e-book dilettante.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I have bought many of my to be read pbooks in electronic form and put them on my kindle. Does that make me a bigamist?
Is the penalty having more than one book?
cearbhallain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #15
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Nope, my wife still messes around with paper some days. Me I'd rather read it on my Ereader.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p-book