Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #2626
mupton0916
mupton0916 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
For anyone interested in YA Fantasy novels, I just published the first book in what is intended as a trilogy and I'd like to get feedback, no matter how brutal. Its title is Perception and it's part of the Wishing Box Chronicles.

In the book's world, each person's reality is shaped by their fears, beliefs, and opinions. It makes for some fun opportunities as a writer (like giant, deadly spiders attacking arachnophobes...). Hopefully people will enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

You can read the first 6 chapters for free at www.wishingboxchronicles.com if you're interested.

The Amazon link is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JF6TGFK.

Thanks in advance!
mupton0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #2627
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Here's a new prose poem, published in Schlock! Webzine and free for 5 days.

You can get it from Amazon, located right below this word:

http://www.amazon.com/Schlock-Webzin...donald+broyles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	House of sleeping.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	121304  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #2628
SofiaM
Enthusiast
SofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it isSofiaM knows what time it is

Free - Cat Walk Diaries - Book 1 - Goldie

It’s Goldie’s first assignment working for the Cat Walk Modeling agency. She’s very frightened, not knowing what to expect. Her client, Alex, is not at all what she anticipated. Is it love at first date?

This novelette is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Hope you all will enjoy this free novel.
Sofia

Amazon
Amazon UK
Nook
Apple
Kobo
SofiaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #2629
GillianH
GillianH began at the beginning.

FREE Children's Non-Fiction Ebook About Dolphins (9 & 10 April 2014)

Download it here : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDZJBJY

Children's author Charlene Perkins presents "Dolphins! A Dolphin Book For Kids: Fun Facts & Pictures About Dolphins, Their Lifestyle In The Ocean, and More". This educational children's book uses brilliantly colorful illustrations to accompany the carefully compiled facts about the majestic dolphins.

Packed with fun facts and updated information, this book will keep the young audience captivated and interested from the beginning to the end, stimulating the inquisitive young minds in children with regards to the mystery of dolphins in the wild.

This book depicts the fascinating world of dolphins beyond in all its glory. Children will gain essential knowledge in their understanding of the lifestyle of dolphins in the sea, and discover important facts, such as:

* The anatomy of dolphins
* Where do dolphins live?
* The different types of dolphins
* What do dolphins eat?
* How well do dolphins see, communicate, and smell?
* Why are they such good swimmers?
* The different hunting methods employed by dolphins
* Do dolphins sleep?
* Dolphins reproduction
* The main predators of dolphins (Hint: NOT marine animals)
* Species of endangered dolphins
* and MUCH MORE!

It was a great please to write this book, and even more enjoyable to see children reading and learning along the way.

Note: This book is perfect for children 6 years and older. Younger children will enjoy looking at the vivid pictures and hearing you read to them.

*** Your child will love this book - perhaps you will too! ***

Here is the Amazon link again: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDZJBJY
GillianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #2630
Loren
Loren began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the list davidhburton!
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #2631
HarrietSchultz
HarrietSchultz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Contemporary romantic suspense 2-day sale

"What do you get when you write a hot romance, with a tall, dark and sexy hero. a smart, proactive heroine and THEN throw in political intrigue, murder, a lesson in history and sex......you get Legacy of the Highlands." Amazon review

82 reviews/4.5 stars. LEGACY OF THE HIGHLANDS is a Kindle Countdown Deal for two days (ends April 13). Now $0.99/regularly $2.99

www.amazon.com/dp/B0062LPAO2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0062LPAO2
HarrietSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:39 AM   #2632
godchild
godchild began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Joy Cometh In The Morning

Hello. I am Christine Schrader and I recently listed my new Christian Romance entitled Joy Cometh in the Morning on Amazon. The price is ninety-nine cents. I hope you will take a look at my newest novel.

Fresh out of Graduate School, Carly Anderson was ready to make her mark on the world. Suddenly her mother died and she had to immediately get a job so that she could support her baby brother Nathaniel. Though her scholastic achievements were excellent, she lacked practical experience which is crucial in the real world.

Against his better judgment and office policy, Brent Lockhart decided to take a chance on her knowledge, albeit her inexperience. He did not want to admit the attraction he felt when he first saw her. She was young, beautiful, smart, and innocent.

Life was just starting to clique for Carly when she started to receive frightening phone calls. The voice was distorted and mechanical sounding. “I will call, and you will come running,” the eerie voice insisted. Carly tried to ignore the prank calls until the day the voice on the telephone convinced her that he had her baby brother. She had to go running and she had to go alone.

http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Cometh-Mor...in+the+morning
godchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #2633
godchild
godchild began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Mercy's Revenge by Christine Schrader

Hello. My inspirational romance, Mercy’s Revenge, is listed on Amazon for 99 cents.

When Mercy’s kid sister dies because her husband walked out on her, he vows revenge against Jim Ackerman. So he moves into a rundown farmhouse in Ohio, across from the Ackerman’s Farm and Plant Nursery. Underneath his friendly smile, hatred for the family festers. When he meets Jim’s sister, he has a deep desire to spoil her. Why should Jim have a vibrant, live sister when his own sister and her baby are buried six feet under the ground? But Mercy restrains the impulse because he does not want to blow his cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Mercys-Revenge...7314409&sr=1-2
godchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #2634
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The 3rd Anniversary edition of Schlock! Webzine contains a prose poem, "Cith Bridge," that you might find....shall we say.....DISTURBING!

Here's the link to Amazon for a free copy, good for about one week:

http://www.amazon.com/Schlock-Webzin...ebzine+edition
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cith bridge.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	121665  
Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #2635
merlin1
merlin1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, etc.
Kindle Countdown Deal on Loss and Other Topics

I have a poetry book called Loss and Other Topics. You can see it here
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IY2ZDHG

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-16-2014 at 09:19 AM.
merlin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #2636
merlin1
merlin1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, etc.
New Poetry Book Gaia's Beings: Poems Inspired By Nature Discounted

My poetry book Gaia's Beings: Poems Inspired by Nature can be found here
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJ28282

for .99.
What people have said about this book:

Review for the Poem “Otters”

Thank. You for sharing this lovely poem I love Nature BERN

Review for the book Gaia’s Beings: Poems Inspired by Nature

I read these during my lunch time. What a pleasure it was to read them. I'm not overly fond of nature poems, but there a many little gems here. I have about 10 favorites, but I think "Field Mouse" is my number one pick. Also really liked "Daffodil", "Seasons", "The Breeze of Spring", "Lady River", "Spider Web", "A Speck of Dirt", and "Penguin".
All of them made me want to go outside and take a closer look at nature and appreciate all the beauty around me. Very inspiring! I also love how you manage to say so much in so few words.

Kimberly Westrope
merlin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #2637
DennisKAvery
Dennis K. Avery
DennisKAvery began at the beginning.

The Knowledge - Adult/Psychological/Humour- Discounted on Amazon Kindle Today.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FFGD2NQ

Following his divorce, Dennis Avery suffers a breakdown and finds himself on a downward spiral of despair. He is targeted by two strangers he meets in a bar, and his life takes a dramatic turn. Recruited, he finds himself plunged into an exotic world of pick-up artists, internet dating, seduction, short-term relationships and casual sex.

Using controversial techniques, Dennis sets out to regain his confidence and to improve his skills with women, but at what cost? Can his life really be changed so easily? Who are his new mentors? What are they really after?

Frequently outrageous, sometimes funny and often naughty - loosely based on a true story - The Knowledge will take you on an incredible and unexpected journey.

This book is intended for readers aged 18+ please. Amazon reviews welcome and appreciated!
DennisKAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:50 PM   #2638
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Sample of upcoming novel

Quiet Post, my first new novel in 4 years, is now complete in next-to-final draft. It's a surreal SFF comedy. A sample (prolog and 1st 2 chapters) is currently available on my blog, The Ingesterie. All comments welcome. Pleasant reading!
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #2639
baherring1s
baherring1s began at the beginning.

Device: none
"Bipolar God: Understanding God's Link to Mental Illness" is on sale on Amazon for 3.99! (Philosophy/Psychology)

Are you diagnosed with a mental disorder and curious as to how a part of God could possibly be in you? Have you ever wondered as to why God can show so much love one instant then so much wrath the next? Or are you just curious with what in the world God has to do with mental illness?

This book provides evidence for a philosophical understanding of God's link to mental disorders such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia along with other related mental afflictions. This evidence is provided through different relationships God establishes with people throughout the Bible along with some of the decisions that He makes.

This different outlook on the psyche of God not only gives a glimpse into the world of individuals living with mental illness but also of an omniscient being who's consciousness we very likely misunderstand.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JO7BA6S

"One of the things that philosophy and mental illness have in common is that both are open for interpretation. There are no definitive standards to which a certain mental affliction, or distinct way of thinking that are considered undeniable truths. The facts lie completely within the eye of the beholder, whether it be a psychiatrist or a philosopher.

Yet, it is these subjects that are among the most debated in recorded history. Wars have been fought over beliefs that have left millions dead over time. A murderer can stay out of jail or avoid the death penalty by having an individual with a certain educational background declare you mentally ill. Each day these facets of life that are determined by “studied professionals” are left to figures in authority to wield around as truths, governing our routines and our states of mind.

Knowing this, it only seemed logical for me to combine the two. It may make me seem confrontational. I don’t believe that to be the case. Though it wouldn’t make it the first time I was wrong.

I have come to the conclusion that life revolves around criticism. Whether we like to admit it or not, other people’s thoughts and ideas make up the core of who we are. Even those who choose not to “conform” to society’s way of thinking have chosen that path due to different criticisms they have received throughout their lives, drawing meaning from these experiences and interactions with the world around them. It doesn’t matter how big or small these criticisms and experiences are, or even if we can consciously recognize them.

That’s the “fact” that my philosophy revolves around."

Last edited by baherring1s; 04-26-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: misplaced quotes
baherring1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #2640
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

The new issue of Schlock! Webzine is out and is located at Amazon, right here:

http://www.amazon.com/Schlock-Webzin...l+6%2C+issue+8

One story, a flash-fiction piece, "Nathaniel Hagthorp's Burden" should be a quick read. (For some reason, they left off the possessive.)

This issue is priced at $0.99

Check it out and let me know if you like it.

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo