|03-11-2010, 05:46 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2010
.pdf to .mobi problems
I am trying to convert some pdf files to mobi to put them on my kindle. It works very well except that whenever there is a double l, such as in billy, it takes out the second l and replaces it with a space. Anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks
|03-12-2010, 12:26 PM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Device: iPod Touch, Xoom, Kindle PW, iPad3, Fire HD2
I turned on the calibre debug folders (one of the conversion options) and with a 'problem' PDF, the double-"l"s are gone immediately (in the 'staging' HTML). So it affects any conversion, not just to MOBI.
I loaded the same PDF into Acrobat and exported as HTML. The double l's are all there as far as I can tell. So it looks like some calibre bug. I'll see if I can narrow it down some more.
You might also try using the Amazon conversion service ('<yourkindleid>@free.amazon.com'). I did this with my 'problem' file and it converted properly.
Last edited by tomsem; 03-12-2010 at 01:34 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Problems with PDF to Mobi conversion in Calibre (for my Kindle 3)||star||Calibre||1||09-13-2010 01:01 PM|
|PDF to .mobi - Problems with Conversion||llcooljayce||Calibre||7||09-06-2010 01:35 PM|
|Problems with converting pdf to mobi||Holger||Calibre||1||08-27-2010 11:41 PM|
|Still having problems PDF to MOBI line unwrapping||jengwen||Calibre||2||04-16-2010 09:14 AM|
|Problems with pictures in Mobi Files||NASCARaddicted||Kindle Formats||16||06-16-2009 05:44 PM|