Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
Bandboxer
Bandboxer began at the beginning.

Device: Hannspree
Where have they gone?

Hi,
You'll no doubt be able to appreciate the fact that I am new to the computer/android world once you have read my plea for help!

I need some help please with the downloading of books from my laptop to my Android Tablet using Calibre.....Calibre tells me that the books have been transferred by the green tick symbols it shows against my chosen books. However, where are they on my Tablet?
I have only just got the tablet and so I have very little knowledge and there is nothing in the handbook to help...I have googled the problem and gathered that the books might well be stored in the memory that's fine but how to access them is another story. Installed on the tablet is Moon+ Pro and libreka (German) and I would like to get the books up on one of those platforms.
Can any kind soul tell me how please?
Regards & Thanks, BP.
Bandboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
Welcome to MobileRead...

I don't have an Android myself so I could be way off base, but if you go to Preferences -> Plugins -> Device Interface plugins -> Android driver, the dialog shows a list of directories it will send to based on which ones actually exist on your device.
Code:
eBooks/import, wordplayer/calibretransfer, Books, sdcard/ebooks
Hopefully one of those will make sense to you - that's all I can offer I'm afraid...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Bandboxer

Well I'm grateful to say the least for you getting on to this so quickly, thank you.
However, I have none of those elements on my Tablet...I think somewhere in the files or the settings buttons lies the secret but using those nowhere can I find a mention of the memory....there are a few mentioning sdcard but that really means nothing to me.
I did not insert a card into my laptop to download/transfer only the USB cable as supplied with the tablet.
Regards, BP.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #4
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Start calibre and plug in your tablet. After calibre detects the tablet, click on the device button. You should see a list of books on your tablet. Click on any book, and you should see information about the book in the book details pane on the bottom or the side. Hover your mouse over the "Click to open" link and you will see the full file path to the book on the tablet. The path you use in Moon+ (or FBReader or whatever) will be some part of that path after the drive letter (G: or whatever).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Bandboxer

Thanks chaley I am grateful for your help...I could not find the path even though I searched the files in Moon+ Pro on my tablet. However I think the answer might be to power off after the transfer as I did out of frustration because when I turned back on I did see a mention of the books in the local files. They have gone to the home page in Moon+ Pro but I can't get them on to "my bookshelf"....no matter I am still able to read them on the tablet.
Thanks again. BP.