Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
steveg1965
steveg1965 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi all

Hello,

I am in the UK, not far from Stratford upon Avon.

I dont own an Ereader yet, the choice is too much and getting bigger every day

Hopefully this forum will help me make a decision.
steveg1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x3)
Hi steveg, welcome to MR from a member pretty close to you I guess!

It might be a good idea to start with the Wiki E-Book reader matrix - here. I personally have a Sony 505 which I love, but the options have certainly changed and expanded since I bought that.

Also, the best advice I can give is to try to get your hands on the ones which you think you may like. Nothing beats a hands-on experience and, if I've learnt one thing from this forum, personal preference is very important.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi steveg1965 and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Hello and welcome to mobileread I hope this site helps you come to a good buying decision.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hi and welcome to MobileRead.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead steveg.

Click on my links for more info on how to use this site.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
hi Steve, there's a lot of information here. I'm working with Ghostwriter Publications to get each other's ebooks across the pond.

Scott Nicholson
Haunted Computer Books
Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi steveg1965, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Steve. Good luck with finding the right reader. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:37 AM   #11
steveg1965
steveg1965 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Many thanx for the warm welcome

I think I have narrowed my choice down to a BeBook mini, I don`t want wifi or any sort of connectivity and I want the widest choice of formats at the lowest price

Now all I have to do is justify the cost to my accountant (wife )

Then I can get rid of some of the 1000 or so paperbacks cluttering up the house, although I doubt if I could throw away a book even if I have replaced it with a digital format.......

Cheers

Steve
steveg1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:30 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***I doubt if I could throw away a book even if I have replaced it with a digital format***

You might surprise yourself, Steve. I was always a hoarder myself. Hated to see anything go. The house looked like a particularly untidy and overstocked used bookshop. Within six months of getting my reader, I cheerfully cleared out about 500 treebooks. And what's left will go whenever I can replace them with ebooks. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #13
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome-orange.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	47061 to the forum, Steve.

Sorry I'm late.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote