|02-27-2010, 11:37 AM||#1|
Enjoying the show....
Join Date: Jun 2008
Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
"No longer bookmarking" problem solved.
If this has been addressed and solved before, excuse the duplicate.
Suddenly my K1 stopped opening to the last page read. It would go back to a particular page time and time again.
The pages turned sloooooowly, or not at all.
Hard re-sets did nothing (poking a paper clip into the little hole).
Worse......it was not showing all the pages I knew were on there! I had 57, and it showed only 44. "updating" stayed on the screen.
So. Its almost two years old. Maybe a new battery was needed? Had one here. Replaced it. No change.
Maybe the SD card got corrupted? Took it out, had 4 books on the main memory, and everything worked fine.
AHA! I remembered I had just added books when the trouble started. I also remembered when I ejected...I perhaps didn't wait quite long enough.
so.....I plugged put the SD card back, plugged it back into the computer, and immediately a little window came up asking me if I wanted to check/fix for problems on the card.
I clicked "yes" and it did its thing.....took about 30 seconds, and then I got a message that one book was not able to be 'fixed'. I deleted it, closed out the windows, waited about 10 seconds, made sure the 'its safe to eject' message came up, and unplugged.
My K1 now works just like new.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sudden Problem with "The" and "A" Titles||Otter||Calibre||13||09-05-2010 08:32 PM|
|"Open Containing Folder" no longer working||matanic||Calibre||18||06-24-2010 05:57 PM|
|LRF no longer "supported" by Calibre||DrMoze||Calibre||92||02-20-2010 04:23 PM|
|"Unable to complete the operation because the destination can no longer be accessed"||wayamauro||Sony Reader||1||10-12-2009 09:34 PM|
|Serial Numbers No Longer Shown on "Manage Your Kindle" Page||sirbruce||Amazon Kindle||1||03-09-2009 11:50 AM|