Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
DR800SG available for purchase on BestBuy

FYI, BestBuy this morning is taking orders. Their site says it ships within 1-2 days.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Guru
Mr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air 2
I was beginning to think it would never happen......just placed my order.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #3
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
How likely will Irex implement PDF zoom?

Although, I am interested in the screen quality and its 8" inch display. I'll probably stay on the side line for now.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
akey
akey began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ...
Oh, how I wish I could press the Add to Cart button.

WTB PDF Zoom and annotations...
akey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

akey, I could press the Add to Cart button. But I could not bring myself to press the checkout button.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaBlue View Post
How likely will Irex implement PDF zoom?
Last I saw they were saying that it hasn't been decided yet. One of their developers was asking in another thread for people to post what their use-case was for zoom vs reflow. The more feedback we can give them on that, hopefully the more it will be taken into consideration.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
OrcaBlue
Groupie

I forgot to add one other major figure that is missing is "annotation". I think if they implement those two figures. I am ready to buy today.

Last edited by OrcaBlue; 02-17-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, in love with iRex DR800S. Also a K4NT. Now a Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Last I saw they were saying that it hasn't been decided yet. One of their developers was asking in another thread for people to post what their use-case was for zoom vs reflow. The more feedback we can give them on that, hopefully the more it will be taken into consideration.
in which thread, please?
Iņigo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
in which thread, please?
"DR800S: Reasons for PDF-Zoom function (was: ePub bug?)" posts number 7 and 10 from Matthijs.

Here...
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73190
Old 02-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
AlpGlide
Connoisseur
AlpGlide began at the beginning.

Device: dr900
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaBlue View Post
I forgot to add one other major figure that is missing is "annotation". I think if they implement those two figures. I am ready to buy today.
I believe annotation is important for ereader too.
AlpGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
AlpGlide
Connoisseur

BestBuy package does not come with protective cover . Is there any way to order one?
Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #12
Shaggy
Wizard

There will probably be 3rd parties selling their own versions at some point though (M-Edge, etc)...

Edit:
I guess it didn't take long. There's already an ebay auction for one.

Note, this is a soft cover. IMO, for eInk screens you really want a rigid cover to protect the screen.

Last edited by Shaggy; 02-17-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #13
Mr. Goodbar
Guru
Mr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmosMr. Goodbar has become one with the cosmos

Device: iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air 2
The Best Buy version comes with a protective sleeve for the device. You can order the leather cover direct from irex via their website shop. Reports on this board seem to indicate the leather cover is not worth the price due to poor quality and workmanship.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #14
AlpGlide
Connoisseur

so protective sleeve may be good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
The Best Buy version comes with a protective sleeve for the device. You can order the leather cover direct from irex via their website shop. Reports on this board seem to indicate the leather cover is not worth the price due to poor quality and workmanship.
From the picture, the stylus is attached outside of the protective sleeve. It is not a safe place. the Stylus may miss soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	box_device_sleeve800s.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	45807  
Old 02-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
OrcaBlue
Groupie

From reading mgmueller's review, the leather cover he ordered from Irex wasn't very good.