Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
esoteric scribe
esoteric scribe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
File Name is stuck

Hey all,

Earlier today I moved all my books (adobe digitals, B&N downloads, ones downloaded from other locations) into the "my documents" folder on my Nook so I could have everything in one location.

It was more or less a success. But a handful of titles are displaying odd names or refusing metadata edits via Calibre. I'll load the files into Calibre, edit their data, upload the changed file into my nook/delete the old file, but the change doesn't seem to take effect.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice here.
esoteric scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Have you tried turning your nook off and turning it back on?
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
esoteric scribe

I have, to no avail.

The odd thing is, some name changes worked while others didn't.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Have you tried resetting it back to factory specs. I don't have a nook but I have read enough about it to know there is a way to reset it.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric scribe View Post
Hey all,

Earlier today I moved all my books (adobe digitals, B&N downloads, ones downloaded from other locations) into the "my documents" folder on my Nook so I could have everything in one location.

It was more or less a success. But a handful of titles are displaying odd names or refusing metadata edits via Calibre. I'll load the files into Calibre, edit their data, upload the changed file into my nook/delete the old file, but the change doesn't seem to take effect.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice here.
At least the B&N downloads should remain in "My library", else you mess up thumbnails and the likes.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
esoteric scribe

Well, I'm not to worried about the thumbnails. I just prefer to have all my books in one location. Out of roughly 200 books, only 7 or so are refusing to format the names properly. I think 6 out of the 7 are B&N downloads.