Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
BAD0MEN
BAD0MEN began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Unhappy prs-600 epub resizing text

Hello I have the prs-600 reader and have not any real complaints about it. However, since they switched from bbeb to the new epub format i have had problems with some e-books i have purchased. For example, the new e-book Afraid
by Jack Kilborn and some other ebooks i bought from the Sony store in epub format will not resize the pages. I have noticed though that the title name at the top of the page resizes but the rest of the text does not. any sugestions??? I tried sony support and the store support to no avail.

Last edited by BAD0MEN; 02-17-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: left out a leter
BAD0MEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR.

Sorry I can't help with your problem. If you don't get someone to help you on this thread, try and re-post it on the Sony forum.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You have the option of stripping the DRM and converting them to LRF. I haven't heard of this problem, but that sounds irritating.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
BAD0MEN

I am not savvy enough to strip the drm i have tried
Old 02-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Hmm, I've never seen any that would not resize, but I suspect it is possible. What books? Are they all from the same publisher?

Last edited by kennyc; 02-17-2010 at 09:22 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmm, I've never seen any that would not resize, but I suspect it is possible. What books? Are they all from the same publisher?
They won't resize I think if the font size is set in points.

So the only option is to strip the DRM and fix the CSS.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 1, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD0MEN View Post
I am not savvy enough to strip the drm i have tried
Do you have ADE 1.7.2 registered with Windows?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
BAD0MEN

one of The books that will not resize is Afraid by Jack Kilborn
all boooks are from the sony bookstore
different publishers
I opened the book in question in ade 1.7.2 in windows and it would not resize in there either .

Last edited by BAD0MEN; 02-19-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD0MEN View Post
one of The books that will not resize is Afraid by Jack Kilborn
all boooks are from the sony bookstore
different publishers
I opened the book in question in ade 1.7.2 in windows and it would not resize in there either .
First try deleting the book from your library and redownloading it (you won't have to pay for it again). If that doesn't work, in the case of "Afraid," I would email the author. He's pretty up in technology and ebooks and he might help you out.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote