Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Which E-readers Offer Audio Bookmarking

Hi,

Have down some searching but have not come up with an answer as to which E-readers offer audio(MP3) bookmarking, I have this option on my iPod touch, I would like to buy a device that I can combine e-books & audio(MP3) books with good bookmarking...

Regards
Jay
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505 (retired), iPad2, iPhone 3GS & Nexus 7 3G
I don't think you'll find one - the audio capabilities & controls on eBook Readers are pretty basic (or even 'about as basic as you can get and still hear something').
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
I don't think you'll find one - the audio capabilities & controls on eBook Readers are pretty basic (or even 'about as basic as you can get and still hear something').
Cheers, audio side not too good then, maybe in the future

Jay
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Stick to your iPod - it does this kind of thing a lot better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Glad you wrote this thread as I've just bought (not got yet) an ipod touch for the main purpose of listening to audiobooks which I enjoy listening to whilst doing other things - like housework?!

It didn't occur to me to think about bookmarking so I'm glad this is an option
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
You guys have been so helpful with my sony 505 and you are talking about audiobooks; maybe you know this too. My Ipod Nano 5th Generation won't play more than 1 chapter at a time, then I have to click on the next chapter to play. I linked it as Audiobook on Itunes, and made a playlist, and this is the best it will do. Googled and googled this and no help there. My Sansa Fuze plays audiobooks perfectly.

Then when I play the free audible books you guess linked me to the sleep timer doesn't work! It works on anything else. So I am not thrilled with the IPOD Nano at all unless someone has suggestions. The audiobooks are .mp3 from the library, so these work fine on the Sansa, but like I said it stops after each chapter, very annoying.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
You guys have been so helpful with my sony 505 and you are talking about audiobooks; maybe you know this too. My Ipod Nano 5th Generation won't play more than 1 chapter at a time, then I have to click on the next chapter to play. I linked it as Audiobook on Itunes, and made a playlist, and this is the best it will do. Googled and googled this and no help there. My Sansa Fuze plays audiobooks perfectly.

Then when I play the free audible books you guess linked me to the sleep timer doesn't work! It works on anything else. So I am not thrilled with the IPOD Nano at all unless someone has suggestions. The audiobooks are .mp3 from the library, so these work fine on the Sansa, but like I said it stops after each chapter, very annoying.
Are you playing the Play list or a chapter file?
Only the play list, knows about more (and what order)

Last edited by theducks; 02-18-2010 at 09:03 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Are you playing the Play list or a chapter file?
Only the play list, knows about more (and what order)
I made a smart playlist, and I play it that way. I did figure out FINALLY how to play the whole book now. I had the Ipod set to Shuffle, and of course I set my audiobooks to not play when shuffle is set (via Itunes). So I uncheck Shuffle on the Ipod Nano and now it works! But the darn sleep timer is not working like it should. When I play music the sleep timer works, but when I play audiobooks it doesn't shut off all the time. Onces in a while it works, doesn't make any sense.

But when I play Audible the sleep timer works, I think, now I am getting confused.

Do you have a Nano?
new is offline   Reply With Quote