Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
kellie
kellie began at the beginning.

Device: nook
jetbook lite physical size

I am anxiously waiting for my new jetbook lite to be delivered. I want to knit a case for it but can't find the demensions. Does anyone know? I already tried to find it on the sales site. Kellie
kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Schopenhauer
Schopenhauer is on a distinguished road

Device: JetBook
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JetBook_Lite
* Size: 153 x 109 x 10mm (25mm) , 6" x 4.2 x 0.4" (1.0").

Happy kniting
Schopenhauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The battery case bump, on the back, is 2" wide and starts 1" down from the top.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
kellie
kellie began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thanks
kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Yayafava
Yayafava is on a distinguished road

Device: JBL
I just finished crocheting a case! : )

I ordered my JBL last night and immediately started crocheting a case. I got the dimensions off Amazon. Of course because of the "bump" I might be pulling it out and starting over. But I think it will be just right.
Yayafava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Yayafava and kellie, I bet there would be a demand here for your work!

I'm reminded of the old joke from the sixties - Someone wrote on a bathroom wall "My mother made me a homosexual"; below which someone else wrote "If I give her the yarn, will she make me one too?"
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:17 AM   #7
Yayafava

I wear a pouch (some call them fanny packs) when I'm out and about. It has a little case built on for my cell phone. When I bought a MP3 player I got a case that has a strap so I could add it on to my pouch belt. So my crocheted case for my JBL has aloop on the back to string it onto my pouch also. lol My pouch has become my tech holder. Sort of like a toolman's belt but for tech devices. Oh and my camera bag also has one of those loops. : )
Old 02-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayafava View Post
I wear a pouch (some call them fanny packs) when I'm out and about. It has a little case built on for my cell phone. When I bought a MP3 player I got a case that has a strap so I could add it on to my pouch belt. So my crocheted case for my JBL has aloop on the back to string it onto my pouch also. lol My pouch has become my tech holder. Sort of like a toolman's belt but for tech devices. Oh and my camera bag also has one of those loops. : )
Most moderen militaries use something like what the US Army calls "LBE"
for Load Bearing Equipment. It is basically a belt and suspenders setup,
with a means of attaching things to it, all over. There is a similar function
provided by combat/cargo vests. Photographers make use of the vest
approach all the time. (Google "cargo vest" and you will find a lot of photo
supply sites.)

To my mind any gadget freak's techno-LBE would include a hefty battery
supply and the means to recharge it.

Luck;
Ken
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
I crocheted a sleeve for my JBL last night while watching the Olympics. I used a size H hook and Lion Brand Suede yarn, which has a really soft, chenille texture that allows the sleeve to double as a screen cloth. The fit is snug enough that I didn't bother with a closure at this point.

Last edited by causticmuse; 02-26-2010 at 11:23 AM.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That looks great, cm!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I agree that does sure look great.

hmm... It also makes me wonder if someone, like me, who has no talent with crochet,
might be able to cut off the top of a boot sox and sew it back up, to make such a
sleeve?

Luck;
Ken

P.S; Maybe add a patch, as well? Where did I put that old NRA patch?

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-26-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
Yayafava

Very nice CausticMuse.I used Lily's Sugar and Cream cotton yearn . I was thinking along similar lines and that the cotton wouldn't scratch the screen. Another factor is I have lots of cotton yarn to use up and here was an opportunity. : )

My JBL hasn't arrived yet but according to my tracking of the package it should arrive today.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Yayafava and kellie, I bet there would be a demand here for your work!
Ladies, I wasn't kidding. CM, how much would you charge for one of those? I bet that would be very popular in school colors!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #14
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Can I play too?

I don't have the talent to crochet or knit (wish I did!) but I do pretty well with fabric and cardboard. This is my first attempt at a cover for the Jetbook Lite that would be stiff enough to hold my Itty Bitty Book Lite for reading in bed. The JBL is attatched with velcro. The inside is padded to help keep the screen safe.
Sorry the pix aren't the greatest! (messy desk too!)
S

silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
GA Russell - Probably around $15 since I'd have to go pick up extra colors in the same yarn. $10 if I already had the necessary colors on hand. I lucked out with these since my store had all three colors in their clearance bin.

silverraven - Love your cover, too! I have been planning to look for a dollar store album cover that I could modify in a similar way, but I keep forgetting to stop by the store. Have you tried decoupage before? I have some Discworld calendar pages from previous years that I'd love to put on a hard back cover for my JBL.

Ken - If you finished the edge of the sock and hemmed it before it could begin fraying, I think that would work just fine. It wouldn't be too tough to work up a pattern for a sewn pouch in something like twill with a softer inner lining either. Good idea with the patch. I have a couple of unit patches from my 4 years in the Army that would look pretty swanky on an olive drab and black version of my sleeve.

Yayafava - This is technically a sleeve for my netbook, but I made it out of Lily Sugar and Cream cotton in Lime Stripes using a shell stitch. It would be cute in a smaller size for the JBL, too, I think.

causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote