|02-10-2010, 07:56 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Sony eReader email for firmware improvements
Here is the email that I got from Sony:
"While we have been working hard to make the Digital Reader the best product on the market today, there is always room for improvement. We look forward to getting this type of customer response on our designs and will do our best to incorporate as many as possible in the future. To submit such requests we have established a dedicated email address. Please send all such comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org"
If you have a wish list of improvements, use it.
Here is what I wrote to Sony:
1) We now have a 3G connection which is useless in most cases. I am really not interested in New York Times and a few other options that Sony store offers. What I am really interested in is for Sony to implement wonderful services such as Instapaper and ReadItLater so that we (consumers) can have our freedom to read what we want and how we want. Amazon Kindle is going the right way by opening up apps. Please implement Instapaper and RearItLater into PRS 900. A lot of applications and services are already connected with them.
instapaper.com and readitlaterlist.com
2) All it takes is for one to cross an imaginary line and they end up in Canada. If the feature above can be implemented, then it will make perfect sense for Sony to start supporting 3G in Canada. Amazon Kindle does this and for some it can be a deciding factor.
3) Sony eReader Software - has anyone from Sony store been http://www.mobileread.com ? Very few people use Sony software to manage their books. Perhaps Sony can talk to the developer of Calibre and integrate their service or store or something into Calibre as it does a much better job for organizing and transferring books.
4) Notes and highlights - can you please add the ability to email notes right from the eReader? Often when I read something, I want to share a sentence or and a paragraph with a friend. It takes quiet a bit of effort to transfer and extract and email notes from the book.
5) Evernote - I am not sure how exactly this can be done, but it would be great if Sony eReaders were able to connect with Evernote notes. Perhaps one specific notebook which can be shared privately or publicly which Sony eReade would be able to access, download and read from ?
5) Fonts! Please refer to http://www.mobileread.com forum to see how people feel about limited fonts on Sony eReaders.While I am ok with hacking the device with a custom made firmware to allow me to read Cyrillic (Russian) fonts, I would love to see Sony eReaders support multiple font types out of the box.
|02-10-2010, 10:55 PM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Veedersburg, IN and San Jose, CA
Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-950 (2), Kindle DX
What I would love to see is faster loading of their 3G connection ... when compared to the kindle 2 and Kindle DX ... this daily edition is ... slooooow .....
|02-10-2010, 11:20 PM||#3|
Slow But Unstoppable
Join Date: Nov 2009
What I'd like to see added is the ability to choose a display font for plain text files. Specifically, you can select a font and all plain text documents will display with that font.
With RTF documents, I'd like to see better font control. Specifically, when text has been formatted with a certain font the ereader will do its best to display that specific font or, if that font is not available, the default font that is closest to that font.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sony $10 gift in my email!!||CribQuilter||Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)||3||05-11-2010 02:14 PM|
|Does anybody's firmware update email show this?||Ualdayan||Sony Reader||2||11-16-2009 08:48 PM|
|email to sony about the connect store.||Cpt. Tim||Sony Reader||24||06-05-2007 06:45 PM|
|How do you email Sony for support?||William Moates||Sony Reader||4||11-08-2006 02:32 PM|
|Yahoo begins test of email service that looks more like desktop email programs||Bob Russell||Lounge||2||09-18-2005 07:20 PM|