Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #28696
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I've been taking 400mg of ibuprofen plus an extra strength Tylenol every six hours. It actually works. This was the recommendation of our GP when my DW's back bothered her last year, and for some reason the combination works really well on (non-structural) back pain.

Anniversary Breakfast Blend tea
The last time my back went out really bad my doctor suggested I try naproxen sodium (generic Aleve). I had been using ibuprofen -- I find this works as well, or better, and lasts longer. It's just kicking in, now.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:43 PM   #28697
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
My oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

Mister bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
Wonderful feeling
Wonderful day

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Monday! It's the start of a brand new week, and the beginning of a whole new series of experiences. I wonder what it will bring? Everything changes so quickly. The trouble is, we think we have time... I'm drinking 'PG Tips' tea today, and eating some delicious red stuff with rice from the Food Lady. The only thing I can recognize in it is some Thai eggplant. Pretty tasty, though! Should be a nice day all around. Some chores to do after my walk, but nothing to serious. I have to go over to the Fencing Salle and pick up my Lamé (the metallic overjacket we wear for electrical scoring) and give it a good wash. You know you've worked up a sweat when a stainless steel mesh starts to rust!

OK... a little more tea, then out the door!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 06-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #28698
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Gemaincha in my cup. I love tea
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #28699
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
First tea of the day is in the kitchen. I just have to get my sore back moving to go get it.
I hope your back is better today, cromag.

Sumatra coffee in my cup and getting my cool tea ready to take to work. It's going to be a scorching hot, day today and I really hope our a/c at work is up to the task.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #28700
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
Anniversary Breakfast Blend tea. But about ready to switch to something else for lunch.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #28701
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First tea on a damp day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I hope your back is better today, cromag.
Thanks, dreams. It's more stiff than sore today. All part of the process.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #28702
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's a beautiful mornin', ahhh
I think I'll go outside a while
And jus' smile
Just take in some clean fresh air, boy
Ain't no sense in stayin' inside
If the weather's fine an' you got the time
It's your chance to wake up and plan another brand new day
Either way
It's a beautiful mornin', ahhh
Each bird keeps singin' his own song
So long
I've got to be on my way, now
Ain't no fun just hangin' around
I've got to cover ground, you couldn't keep me down

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwhfhncPfM )

Good morning, everyone! Sunshine, blue skies, white puffy clouds... nice view all the way across the valley to the mountains on the other side. Makes me want to get outside and go for a long, long walk! I'm finishing up a 'Virgil Flowers' mystery audiobook, and can't wait to hear the rest of it! But first, some of my new Ceylon tea and some rice with green stuff from the Food Lady. Maybe practice some guitar first too... I feel like music! Music is what feelings sound like!

Stitchawl
Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #28703
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
so when you (and everyone else) do the audio book, are you buying the book and adding in the extra cost? I want to start getting some for the whole surgery and recovery period as I would like to do something with my hands, like needlepoint and not just read
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #28704
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I buy the book with Audible credits, and pretend they don't cost anything.

Seriously, if the book has WhisperSync for Voice enabled, then the chances are you can get the Audible version for a reduced price if you buy the Amazon version. I do that if the net is less than the value of an Audible credit, which it often is.

I love reading an audio book while doing hand work. In my case, knitting, but needlework of any sort should be equivalent. (I used to do crewel work, but my eyes just aren't up to it any more. ) I pull up my knitting bag, pull out the big bulky headphones so everyone knows I can't hear them, and then start the book and pick up my needles.

Murchie's Russian Caravan this morning
Old 06-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #28705
cromag

First mug of tea.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #28706
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0vtVR1Cq4M )

Good morning, everyone! What an amazing transformation... from Slaver to Free'er, and to write such a remarkable song to commemorate it! I watched a documentary about slavery last night and haven't been able to get this song out of my mind.

It's a beautiful Wednesday here and I'm already on my second mug of East India Company's 'Royal Breakfast' tea, finished my breakfast, had a 45-minute conversation via Skype with my wife, and I'm just about ready to head out for a long walk! I can't wait to hear how Virgil Flowers wraps up this case!

KK, PM sent about audio books.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #28707
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle

I'm part way through a documentary on how the mormon church manipulated the prop 8 initiative... incredibly disturbing
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #28708
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Mango-banana smoothie

Stitchawl
Old 06-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #28709
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Morning coffee and packing my tea, strawberries, cantaloupe, and snow peas for work today. Sounds good huh? It makes me feel like I am eating well (as long as I don't think about the Ritz crackers, chocolate chip rice cakes, peanut butter sandwich, and dark chocolate candy that goes in the bag too.)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #28710
CRussel
Wizard

Morning Major Dickason's sucked down, and now most of the Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend gone too. Must be time for lunch.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?