Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #25996
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Some people say a man is made outta mud
A poor man's made outta muscle and blood
Muscle and blood and skin and bones
A mind that's a-weak and a back that's strong

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

I woke up one mornin' when the sun didn't shine
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine
I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal
And the straw boss said "Well, a-bless my soul"

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRh0QiXyZSk )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Thursday! I'm sure glad I'm not a coal miner...
Bit 'o rain this morning, but it should stop soon. I've already had my breakfast and one mug of unbranded Keemun tea, and have a second mug going right now. When I finish that, I'll meditate for 30 minutes then it's off to the mines... Well, the walking mines, that is. I put some Dr. Schols Blister pads on my tosies and I'm good to go. I've a 15k route picked out for today, but I have to take along a pocket air horn. I'll be walking through a lot of rural areas and there are packs of 'soi dogs' that run loose. As long as I can 'bark' louder than they can, I'm OK. None of them can bark louder than an air horn. (BTW ladies, these are great protection for walking alone later at night.) But just in case Cujo is around, I'll have a walking stick too! OK... tea is done... off to the couch to contemplate my navel.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #25997
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad mini, HP Touchpad, Aura HD
Earl grey in my cup. Sleeping baby, time to get some work done!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #25998
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Yellow Tea in my cup. Sleeping baby, words I rarely uttered or utter....
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #25999
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Stitch you do realize that today is Friday. I realize that you are retired in Paradise but for those of us still working taking Friday away is a bad, bad thing.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #26000
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad mini, HP Touchpad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Yellow Tea in my cup. Sleeping baby, words I rarely uttered or utter....
The sleep barely lasted long enough for me to finish my tea
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #26001
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Stitch you do realize that today is Friday. I realize that you are retired in Paradise but for those of us still working taking Friday away is a bad, bad thing.

I really didn't realize it! LOL! But do you understand what this REALLY means?

I HAVE MADE IT!!! A complete transition to 'retired in Thailand!' Everything is so laid back here anyway, so compounding with retirement, I've completely lost track of what day it is!! YIPPEE!!!

My apologies to all of you still earning your daily crust. It wasn't my intention to chain you to the wheel of labor longer than you must. I really am sorry.... but....

Today a package arrived. I placed an order with the East India Company in England for tins of 'Royal Breakfast,' 'Assam,' Keemun Downy Bud, and 'Ceylon' teas and they showed up at my door today. Somehow, they managed to slip past Customs without my being dunned for any Import Duties. Between what I brought and what I've received today, I'm set for the rest of the year... or more! So right now I'm drinking a big mug of 'Royal Breakfast' tea, even though I just finished dinner!

Stitchawl
Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #26002
Stitchawl
Opsimath

An old cowboy went riding out one dark and windy day
Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way
When all at once a mighty herd of red eyed cows he saw
A-plowing through the ragged sky and up the cloudy draw

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel
Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel
A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky
For he saw the Riders coming hard and he heard their mournful cry

Yippie yi Ohhhhh
Yippie yi yaaaaay
Ghost Riders in the sky

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsfw9CEQITA )

Good morning, everyone! I checked the calender so I feel safe in saying "Happy Saturday!"

Early morning wake-up call from Felicity. She wanted her dried squid at 7:30 this morning. One of the advantages (for her) of living in S.E. Asia is that we can buy cat treats anywhere, and she actually loves them! Dried little fish, dried squid, dried shrimp, etc. are sold in all supermarkets, street markets, etc., and she makes full use of it.

I'm drinking my new English Breakfast tea this morning, and munching on some Cajun Chicken I cooked last night. First time we cooked dinner at home since we moved here. Nice change of pace, but we are questioning the worth. Lots of time spent in cooking and clean-up, and higher cost. On the other hand, tasty. I guess for a 'once-in-a-while' meal we'll do it again.

We've decided to take a trail ride today. Horses this time. There is a hack stable about 15k north of us, and rentals run about $10 a day. No Thoroughbreds or Tennessee Walkers here, just little Asian horses, almost pony-size, but for a slow walk through the jungles, more than satisfactory. The Thai army still maintains a Cavalry battalion, and people can use their horses but only in their ring. It's how they insure the mounts are exercised. Ring riding bores me to tears.

One more mug of this wonderful English Breakfast tea, and we're off to ride the range!

Stitchawl
Old 08-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #26003
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
A coke zero in the afternoon.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #26004
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Early morning coffee in my cup, as I try to wake up.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #26005
orlok
Getting back into it
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
Late afternoon coffee in my cup, as I try to stay awake .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #26006
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it working? Mine isn't.

Still yawning and considering another cup of coffee (or going back to bed). I couldn't stay asleep last night.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #26007
orlok
Getting back into it
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Is it working? Mine isn't.

Still yawning and considering another cup of coffee (or going back to bed). I couldn't stay asleep last night.
No. Just had a banana and a glass of water to see if that would perk me up. No such luck. Maybe a glass of something stronger after I drop my daughter off at her babysitting gig...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #26008
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I have a feeling this is going to feel like a very, very, long day, if I can't get beyond the yawning stage.

Oh well, off to make another cup of coffee.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #26009
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
A coke zero after supper.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #26010
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
Tea #2.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?