Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #25966
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Heaven's just a sin away oh wo just a sin away
I can't wait another day I think I'm givin' in
Though I'd love to hold you tight Oh wo be with you tonight
But that still won't make it right 'cause I belong to him.
Oh way down deep inside I know that it's all wrong
Your eyes keep tempting me and I never was that strong- ong.

Oh devil's got me now Oh wo gone and got me now
I can't fight him anyhow I think he's gonna win.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfGAIHuw7w )

Good morning, everyone! August 21! Plus one hour and 58 minutes... marks 15 years that I haven't smoked a cigarette!

A pack and a half a day. 40+ years of that. But I haven't smoke one now in 15 years. Wanted to. Wanted to smoke more than one. Still think about smoking one. But I don't. I didn't smoke today, and I pray I won't smoke tomorrow. But I take it one day at a time. ODAT.

Looks to be a nice morning, but there's a squall line north to south over on the east side of the valley. I wonder which way it's moving? But I have Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea in my mug, and thinking about 'optimizing' my breakfast. I've tasted everything the Food Lady has for sale, so now I want to cut back on the amount I've been eating, and take off the two kilo that I've put one since I've been here. I've loaded a couple of Audio Books into my phone, and planned out a 15k walk for today. I hope it doesn't rain until after I'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I do need your help, though. One of them said sadly that at home she had "corn water" for breakfast everyday, but that it's too complicated for the dorm room. I googled but didn't really find what it is, I don't think. Any insights?
My guess is that it's Corn Soup. It's a VERY popular dish all over east Asia, and even being sold (especially at breakfast time) in most of the fast food places like McD's, KFC, etc., and many consider it 'comfort food.' There are shelves full of different company's instant variety, such as Knorr, Campbells, and many local brands. Think of it more as 'corn chowder.' You can get it as 'corn and chicken,' 'corn and bacon,' 'corn and crab,' etc., etc. It's actually pretty tasty stuff!

Time for one more mug of "Breakfast Tea," then off to see the Wizard!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 08-20-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #25967
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

My guess is that it's Corn Soup. It's a VERY popular dish all over east Asia, and even being sold (especially at breakfast time) in most of the fast food places like McD's, KFC, etc., and many consider it 'comfort food.' There are shelves full of different company's instant variety, such as Knorr, Campbells, and many local brands. Think of it more as 'corn chowder.' You can get it as 'corn and chicken,' 'corn and bacon,' 'corn and crab,' etc., etc. It's actually pretty tasty stuff!

Time for one more mug of "Breakfast Tea," then off to see the Wizard!

Stitchawl
Thanks! I'll check that out!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 06:36 AM   #25968
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Good morning, everyone! August 21! Plus one hour and 58 minutes... marks 15 years that I haven't smoked a cigarette!

A pack and a half a day. 40+ years of that. But I haven't smoke one now in 15 years. Wanted to. Wanted to smoke more than one. Still think about smoking one. But I don't. I didn't smoke today, and I pray I won't smoke tomorrow. But I take it one day at a time. ODAT.
Stitchawl

Congrats!!!!!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #25969
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Camel's Breath with my blueberry yogurt.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #25970
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Hearty Congratulations!

It's lunchtime, so Coke Zero in my cup. And plain water in my glass.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #25971
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well done, Stitchawl. My DW quit about 25 years ago and I remember well how hard it was.
Meanwhile, I'm fighting a cold today. First I've had in years. Going to drink lots of Lapsang Souchong and read a good book.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #25972
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Congratulations Stitchawl.

Black coffee in my cup.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:00 AM   #25973
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, all! I've spent the day celebrating. I took a 5k fast walk around Chiang Mai's moat, followed by a two-hour lunch with the Australian Consul General here, then another 4k walk back home, (completing the moat loop around the Old City,) and dinner with my wife. All low-calorie good clean fun! Now sitting back with a big glass of Lipton's instant ice tea, the only thing Lipton does right! I think a good movie is planned for tonight! I'm too tired for anything else!

Stitchawl
Old 08-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #25974
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea #2 is waiting on the kitchen counter.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #25975
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
A Reed's "Jamaican-style" Ginger Ale I picked up at the World Market.

I must say this has a much stronger ginger taste than I'm used to.

Last edited by Dylrob; 08-21-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #25976
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
A Reed's "Jamaican-style" Ginger Ale I picked up at the World Market.

I must say this has a much stronger ginger taste than I'm used to.
How does it compare to "Vernor's" ginger ale? I first learned of that in Michigan. It's quite strongly flavored. (Not really my style).
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #25977
Stitchawl
Opsimath

What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?
What did you learn in school today,
Dear little boy of mine?

I learned that Washington never told a lie.
I learned that soldiers seldom die.
I learned that everybody's free,
And that's what the teacher said to me.
That's what I learned in school today,
That's what I learned in school.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf5Jn8O3s0c )

Good morning, everyone! Sweet smell of sandalwood incense in the air. Gotta keep the Grand Duke Jupiter happy this month! I'm happy. I have Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea in my cup, and I'm ready to face to Food Lady. Yesterday I began cutting down on the amount of food I'm eating. I had just a veggie main dish and two hard cooked eggs. I'll do the same this morning, but maybe opt for an omelet. Back to under 1,000 calories a day and long, long walks. The bottoms of my feet are sore from yesterday's long, fast walk. I wear sandals here and my feet haven't hardened up enough in just two months for that sort of abuse. I'll take it easy today... maybe just a 3-4k stroll.

Stitchawl
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #25978
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Wishing I had some decaf coffee in my cup! I need to get some.

I did something so fun today. I saw in our local paper that the animal shelter had picked up 80 cats from a hoarding situation, and for the moment they are evidence and are not in with the general population. They need volunteers to help with the cleaning and feeding, so I spent about 3 hrs there. I am a pretty good cat wrangler, so I helped an employee give a pill to all 80 cats. I held so many cats, and whole litters of kittens. Only one scratched me at all, and that was because she wanted to get down, not because she was mean. I'll probably end up with some of these cats...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #25979
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Made double dark chocolate sea salt cookies and toddler muffins tonight. Thank god for the gym
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #25980
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I did something so fun today. I saw in our local paper that the animal shelter had picked up 80 cats from a hoarding situation, and for the moment they are evidence and are not in with the general population. They need volunteers to help with the cleaning and feeding, so I spent about 3 hrs there. I am a pretty good cat wrangler, so I helped an employee give a pill to all 80 cats. I held so many cats, and whole litters of kittens. Only one scratched me at all, and that was because she wanted to get down, not because she was mean. I'll probably end up with some of these cats...
Here's your starter kit!

And another mug of Yorkshire tea for me!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CatLady.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	109752  

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?