Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Unhappy Need help using mobidedrm - stuck on command prompt

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to remove mobi drm for a couple books I purchased on Fictionwise but am having trouble. Not sure if it is because of the mobidedrm version I'm using or the command prompt info I'm keying.
I have installed ActiveState ActivePython 2.6 under C:\Documents and Settings\Owner. When I go to the command screen (black screen) it locates Python under that file so that seems ok. But when I try to use Python on the ebook file I have saved it gives me error 2 (can't open file 'mobidedrm009.py' no such file or directory). I tried downloading several versions of mobidedrm (versions 7, 8 and 9) but all bring up the same error. My ebook is saved as 'hiddenagendas' under the same file as Python.
I tried:
python mobidedrm009.py hiddeagendas.prc free_hiddenagendas.prc then my pid
and other variations but no luck

Do I need to put the mobidedrm file under the same file as Python? I have my Python program saved under file name Python26 in Documents and Settings.

I'm surprised I've gotten this far, I just know I only have to type something a little different to get it right! Hopefully!
Thanks for any help you all can give me.

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
It sounds like you are not in the right folder. Use the cd command to go to the right directory (copy it by right clicking on the Address bar and then paste it on the command window). For example:
Code:
cd C:\Documents and Settings\alan\My Documents\My eBooks
There is no need for the python command, if you are in the right directory the command mobidedrm009.py (or mobidedrm009) with no arguments should give you a "usage" message. Then you are good to go.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
Pardoz
Which side are you on?
Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
Or, if you use calibre just rename your script mobidedrm_plugin.py, zip it, load mobidedrm_plugin.zip as a calibre plugin, go to plugin settings and enter your PID(s), and from then on the script will do its thing automagically whenever you add a new book to calibre.
Pardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Thanks so much Wallcraft! My mobidedrm was saved under C drive (no subfile) so I just moved my ebook to the same spot and it worked! I guess my problem was trying to key the command under C: when the ebook wasn't in the same place. Some of the things I tried to do came from instructions I found at another website (stream-recorder.com) so it wasn't totally complete.
You are always so helpful to everyone here. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Pardoz, thanks for the advice. I'm a little scared to "connect" to calibre with the zipping and everything. I just removed drm then put the "free" file into calibre and converted to epub. Extra steps but I don't wanna rock the boat and mess calibre up. I don't plan on buying too many mobi ebooks - I try to buy either epub or lit.

Yeah! I'm a happy camper now!

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have the plug in installed, and it works great! Just wish I could find epub and pdf in plug in form!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I have the plug in installed, and it works great! Just wish I could find epub and pdf in plug in form!
There's now a 0.10 version that doesn't mess up import of unencrypted Mobipocket files.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There's now a 0.10 version that doesn't mess up import of unencrypted Mobipocket files.
Is it the one just above?
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote