Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
ca271274
ca271274 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 300
HELP PLEASE - PRS 300

Hello

I have a PRS300. I installed the software and it worked fine. Then I donwloaded a book from waterstones and since then I can not open the reader library. I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 10 times and the icon comes up on my desktop but when I click on it it just wont open just stays dead. I also the Abode Digital reader which seems to work fine and opens fine

Have tried to call Sony but they are only open Mon-Fri 9-5 when I am working. My mum has exactly the same lap top as me and peograms ect and hers works fine

Would be gratful for any suggestions or help

Thanks
Caroline
ca271274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Hi! Until someone comes along with perhaps some pointers for the Sony software, see it this thread helps.... http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71259
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
I had a similar problem shortly after getting my PRS-300. What eventually worked for me was uninstalling and reinstalling all three Sony programs related to the reader.

Do this without the reader plugged into your computer:

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features (if on Vista or Windows 7). Uninstall the following 3 programs:
PRS-500 USB driver
Reader Library by Sony
Windows Driver Package - Sony Corporation (PRSUSB) USB

See attached screenshot of what it looked like on my computer just before I uninstalled.

Once everything is removed, plug in your reader and everything will reinstall.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_Programs.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	44571  
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
DougThompson
DougThompson began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 300
Help! Sorry, not sure how to begin a new thread, but I just got my PRS 300 Sony and accidently entered the WRONG language. (Netherlands). As I speak only English, could someone PLEASE tell me how to get back to English so I can re-configer it? answer here or via my email. . . .. usaf5979@yahoo.com
DougThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

There may be an easier way, but the only way I know is a hard reset.... instructions below from the Sony support site...

WARNING: A hard reset will erase all content on the Reader.

1. Power off the Reader.
2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using the stylus, press the RESET button.
3. Turn on the Reader.
4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold down the down arrow of the directional button and the 0 button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.
5. Press the 5 button to reset the Reader.

Region

Canada
United States
Products

PRS300 Series
Last Modified Date: 12-15-2009ID: C1006378
Old 01-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
Paul58
A Reader with no Reader..
Paul58 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Pocket Edition, B&N Nook
Try this:

Turn it on
Press Home Button (has pic of House)
Press 7 (Settings)
Press 5 (Language)
Press 1 (English)
Press 5 (OK)

This should set it back to english. I hard reset may delete your files...
Paul58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
Bremen Cole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul58 View Post
Try this:

Turn it on
Press Home Button (has pic of House)
Press 7 (Settings)
Press 5 (Language)
Press 1 (English)
Press 5 (OK)

This should set it back to english. I hard reset may delete your files...
Wow.... do I feel stupid.....
Old 02-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350
Reading the manual always helps....
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote