|02-05-2010, 09:17 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2010
I am looking for the ff. features in an eReader
I live in the US
Things I need (would like in parentheses):
* Connect to a Macintosh running 10.4.11 via Firewire or USB
* (Connect to Macintosh running 10.4.11 via USB 2.0)
* Read HTML
* Read PDF
* Read RTF
* (Read OpenOffice.org docs) <-- a free WP that is actually better than most other WP I've used, if not MacOS has a feature to preview anything destined for the printer then convent the preview into a PDF file.
* (Read JPEG)
* able to read at least some of the common formats I saw: ePub, LIT, Calibre?, my mind just went blank on the rest.
* A price as far below $400 as possible (including shipping, handling, sales tax, spare battery, a wall charging cord [i.e. plug it into the wall to charge it] and spare stylus [assuming the iRex or some other eReader with the same general type of stylus]). I know an eReader isn't a laptop, but some things I always get with a laptop seem best to also get for an eReader.
Features to NOT Have
* Wireless Networking <-- I do NOT want wireless networking!
Last edited by chris1; 02-05-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: added a bulletpoint
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PRS-600 Features I really would like to see...||eosrose||Sony Reader||5||10-01-2010 05:36 AM|
|Which eReader Features are key??||WantToBuy||Which one should I buy?||15||08-14-2010 08:56 PM|
|Unutterably Silly eReader-Spotting / eReader in Film und Fernsehen||beachwanderer||Lounge||1||04-29-2010 04:26 PM|
|eReader (pdb) purchased ebooks on B&N eReader on iPhone?||bthoven||Reading and Management||5||12-23-2009 06:52 AM|
|Fictionwise eReader Sale & eReader for Blackberry beta||AnemicOak||Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)||6||03-23-2009 03:08 PM|