|02-04-2010, 02:37 AM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cambs, UK
Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
New Kindle 2 Owner :)
I bought a Kindle 2 International version for hubby but as he only reads for an hour at night, it's all mine for the rest of the time
Initial impressions: well it's certainly the ugly duckling of all my devices! I'm not keen on the white plastic or the design looks-wise but it looks pretty nice enclosed in the tuff-luv flip style case I got for it. With that on it manages to look quite stylish.
- Picture display is gorgeous - the nicest I've seen on an e-ink display.
- Love being able to shop for and download books in an instant, whole process works very fast.
- Annotation features I prefer on here with the physical keys rather than the Sony touchscreen which I've never been a huge fan of. I find the kindle keyboard on the kindle so much easier to use
- It all works very fast, fast to load-up and fast moving back and forth between books
- I like the fact that next page buttons are on either side so I can use either thumb
- Excellent search functionality, not just being able to search inside 1 but all your books!
- Text to speech will come in very useful when I have my hands full - the male voice is not bad at all.
- Clicky buttons - not as audible as on my PB 360 but not as silent as the Sony 600 buttons
- Heavy and large - can't have it all can we. I like the keyboard but it adds lots of extra real estate. Not a device I'll take on short trips or out with me daily like the PB that's for sure.
- Not having folders for organisation. I like to dump my Calibre library onto my PB, shame you can't do that on the Kindle.
Overall very pleased - I'll certainly be using this for annotation purposes rather than any other device. And also for those impulse Amazon purchases.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hello... I'm a New Kindle Owner||ConnieL429||Introduce Yourself||3||01-20-2010 06:04 PM|
|Former Kindle 1 Owner Seeks Advice: Nook vs Kindle 2||HaggisMacJedi||Which one should I buy?||14||12-24-2009 01:24 PM|
|Non-Kindle owner asked to help Kindle owner...?||guyanonymous||Amazon Kindle||15||12-19-2009 12:31 PM|
|Hi....new Kindle 2 owner here||Constant Reader||Introduce Yourself||5||03-25-2009 08:37 PM|
|new kindle owner||stormcastle||Introduce Yourself||2||12-18-2007 12:41 PM|