Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iRex iLiad gets a critical hands-on look

One geek's must-have gadget is another geek's over-the-top gimmick. To decide where the iRex iLiad will land on your scale check out the hands-on review Professor David A. Bell was kind enough to publish for us on his Web site. Overall, he seems to like what he sees, noting that the e-paper display is brilliant although still not as comfortable to the eye as regular paper, and the various hardware issues that are still irking early beta testers. His conclusion:

Quote:
At least for a few years, assuming my iLiad doesn't break down, I have my first true, comfortable, pleasant, long-dreamed-of reading device. It's not perfect, and it's not cheap, but, unlike every other electronic reading method I've tried, it's simple, it works (give or take a few hitches), and it doesn't give me a headache. If you need me, I'll be on the couch. Reading.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote