Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
steen
steen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Organize a series of books

I poked around the sub-forum and didn't see anything specific but please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I have quite a few series of books in my library, some having ten or more books. I just received my nook this weekend and haven't seen any function to organize them. Am I stuck with having the series # in the title? I'm used to the Sony Reader being able to browse by collection.

Thanks!!
steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to allMadam Broshkina is a name known to all

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by steen View Post
I poked around the sub-forum and didn't see anything specific but please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I have quite a few series of books in my library, some having ten or more books. I just received my nook this weekend and haven't seen any function to organize them. Am I stuck with having the series # in the title? I'm used to the Sony Reader being able to browse by collection.

Thanks!!
Currently you can not organize the books on your nook like you can on a Sony. Unless you root your nook. Check out the video on this post:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=23

I have not done it myself yet I will probably wait to see what the next firmware update brings.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
JoelMBenge
JoelMBenge began at the beginning.

Device: B&N Nook
This has been brought up in the B&N forums and hopefully will be fixed. For books I have stored in Calibre, I prefixed the name with an abbreviation of the series. So the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books are HGTTG01, HGTTG02, etc. Works as a stopgap for now.
JoelMBenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
steen
steen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Okay, thanks! Hopefully they (B&N) will address it. I'll just adjust the titles in Calibre for now.
steen is offline   Reply With Quote