Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #16
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Just got my PB 360, and the QuickStart guide says the first charging should be 8-12 hours to obtain best battery life, during which it should be turned off. Since my battery indicator shows half-charged, I am wondering if I should charge it now, or wait till it runs out.
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
Just got my PB 360, and the QuickStart guide says the first charging should be 8-12 hours to obtain best battery life, during which it should be turned off. Since my battery indicator shows half-charged, I am wondering if I should charge it now, or wait till it runs out.
Please charge it right now.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #18
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ok, I'll let it charge until 8 am tomorrow, which will be 12 hours. Is there an optimal period after that when it should be recharged again -- or just whenever it is convenient? Is it necessary to set Settings > USB Mode > Charge (I did)?
Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
After the first complete charge, I usually charge mine when it gets down to two bars on the battery indicator. I usually charge it with my iPhone charger while still reading in bed and then let it charge overnight.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #20
mdmorrissey
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
After the first complete charge, I usually charge mine when it gets down to two bars on the battery indicator. I usually charge it with my iPhone charger while still reading in bed and then let it charge overnight.
Sounds like a good idea. Do you set "USB Mode" to "Charge" while you are still reading? I don't see the point of that Setting thing anyway, since the PB recognizes that the USA cable or charger is plugged in automatically, right?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 AM   #21
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I usually get a little popup when I plug it into either my laptop or my iPhone USB charger asking if I want to charge or PC link, so I just hit charge if I'm reading.

I have it set to always ask me. I transfer stuff regularly, at least weekly if not more than that, so it's the easiest setting for me to have.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #22
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
Lithium Batteries, like we have in the PB, are stored ar best with a charge of 40%-60%. That is why the PB comes with more or less half charged batts.

So if anyone plans to not use the PB for a while (can't imagine this ) best is to let the Batt drain to half and than switch off.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote