Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Some Newbie PDF Info

I don't have a iLiad yet but I opened up the Owner's Manual that was in the content zip that tribble posted.

I don't know if this duplicates anyone's information but I found the following attributes listed in the document properties when opened with Adobe Acrobat 6:

Page Size: 5.83" X 8.26"

It is in fact a tagged PDF

It is also set for Fast Web View

A quick look at the margins at the maximum aperture appear to be close to 3/32" (.2" approx) for the top & bottom of the page and 5/32" (.24" approx) for the right and left sides

Quickly pulling up the metric scale the particulars are:

Page Size: 148.2 X 209.9 mm

Margins appear to be 5 mm for the top and bottom and 6 mm for the right and left sides

I don't know if this is a help to anyone. I just figure using the dimensions and particulars of iRex's PDF documentation would be the best way to go.
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat
I don't have a iLiad yet but I opened up the Owner's Manual that was in the content zip that tribble posted.
It is already available as download in the iReX site.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
FGFuzaxx
Enthusiast
FGFuzaxx has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: maybe Iliad ;-)
Thanks firecat,

so anybody with an ILiad and Adobe Acrobat (or any other PDF making software) ready for trying the posted settings?

Greetings,
Frank
FGFuzaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat
Page Size: 5.83" X 8.26"
Page Size: 148.2 X 209.9 mm
[...]
I just figure using the dimensions and particulars of iRex's PDF documentation would be the best way to go.
I would not bet on it: those dimensions are probably A5 size (148 x 210 mm), which I suspect is a preset in whatever software they used to create those files. A5 has 1:sqrt(2) (1:1.41) proportions, which is very wide for most pages.

Tribble's suggestion of 120 x 150 (no button bar) makes for 1:1.25 documents proportions, which is rather different from A5.
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
What I have been using is 4.7" x 5.9" page, 0.2" top/sides and 0.3" bottom. Works reasonably well.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Opus/System76 Starling
I've been using 5.0"x6.5" with 0.07" right/left margin and .2 top/bottom margins and I get good results. I'll have to play with the margins and see how small I can get it.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote