Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: 64 GB iPad 3G, iPod Touch 3rd Gen 64 GB, Droid X
Question The $60 Million Dollar Question.....who stocks it???

Been trying to hunt down a PRS-900 after playing with one in my local Sony Store. After reading reviews, seeing what it comes with, and loving the idea of downloading newspapers, and in the future RSS feeds into it, who at this point has them in stock? I call my local store daily, they ALMOST thought they were getting them in stock last week and of course....no dice.

Definitely not willing to buy above retail, so Ebay is out of the question.....anyone know a good place at this point?
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2, Kindle Paperwhite
Right now: Sony and Best Buy are your best bets.

Sony's direct customers come first with the Reader, then Best Buy, then pretty much anyone else who wants to stock them. Because of the shortages, only direct orders to Sony got the first batch. Looks like the second batch (which should be slipping out last week and this week) are for the backorders at BB and Sony that didn't get into the first batch.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
olguy
Enthusiast
olguy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
Ordered mine from Sony 1/12 and it shipped 1/15. It's now on a slow truck somewhere between Chicago and Houston. Sony's site says orders today should ship on or about 1/29.
olguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
ordered mine from sony on the 13th of January and had it on the 16th
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
kevnjenn
kevnjenn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-900
I ordered mine from Sony on 1/15 and paid for expedited shipping and should get it today(1/19), even though the site said would not ship until 1/29.
kevnjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Any store sitings yet? I'm wondering when they might be available at the Sony stores (or others) I'd really like to see one of these before I buy it, but am very heavily in the "likely-to-buy" category.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
There is a demo at the Sony Style store in the Forum Shops in Las Vegas. I haven't called in a week, but they were expecting a shipment.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #8
olguy
Enthusiast

Just checked the tracking and mine is on the truck for delivery today. That was Standard shipping (free) so I'm happy.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olguy View Post
Just checked the tracking and mine is on the truck for delivery today. That was Standard shipping (free) so I'm happy.
When did you order?
Old 01-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #10
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: 64 GB iPad 3G, iPod Touch 3rd Gen 64 GB, Droid X
Read a thread here stating B&H had them. Being a half hour from NYC, I called to confirm, they put one on hold for me....just got back a new owner , I believe they have 2 left
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
Read a thread here stating B&H had them. Being a half hour from NYC, I called to confirm, they put one on hold for me....just got back a new owner , I believe they have 2 left
Wonderful! Be sure and give us a review of your experience!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
olguy
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
When did you order?
I ordered on 1/12, Sony said they shipped on 1/14 but FedEx picked it up on 1/15. In my hot little hands today. The battery was half charged so I read a couple of the samplers then uploaded some books. First photo is with the screen cover Sony calls a soft cover closed. Second is just the initial home page before I did anything.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #13
kennyc

Thanks and Congratulations!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
saltis
saltis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony daily 900
Got mine in 1 1/2 week after ordering it from Best Buy on sale for 269 i think, now its 399 again.
saltis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltis View Post
Got mine in 1 1/2 week after ordering it from Best Buy on sale for 369 i think, now its 399 again.
How the heck does that work? I ordered 3 weeks ago from BB, and haven't heard a peep.

Also fixed your typo, unless you had gift cards applied to it as well.
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote