Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
cartonic
cartonic began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Unhappy pleH! I need some advice using the recipes.

Hello I have my Sony T2 reader for a while( didn't switched to T3 as it didn't brought too much to the table) and even if it's not the best, I didn't used it that much reading, I really loved that piece of plastic with basic functionality called stylus.

Few days ago I rediscovered the pleasure of reading on the e-ink screen and more than that the periodicals. Since I'm out of the coverage area( UK and what's left) to have subscriptions and rely on Calibre for that too( wich does a good job) I'm a little noob and don't know too much about the recipes thing and python.

If someone is kind to help me, I have some harmless questions:

remove_tags as I understand it and don't know if it's right, means I cand hide some divs from the fetched site in the output like <div class="test">?

I saw extra_css = ' ' on a recipe template, that means I can customize some styles, and what, the body, article title ... etc div classes of the website from where news are being fetched?

Is there a way to remove This article was downloaded by Calibre from http://www.siteurl.com/article that I get after the every article? Or to be more specific I don't really want to remove it but style it a bit to make it small( for example Calibre download from here)

Some articles like the one from The NewYorker have at the bottom some stuff I don't want like some leftovers of the social sharing links. is there a way to hide those( the post footer area, meta area or so)?

Thanks for any response. I know there is documentation but for a noob like me It's not much usefull atlast now.
cartonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recipe, sony prs t2