Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-31-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
hkabir
e-bookviner
hkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPodTouch
LBOOK coming in the market on September 15

HI,

I'm new in this forum. I'm much more interested in LBOOK V8, rather than Sony eReader. I contacted the people in Russia by email. They said it's coming out on September 15. I also asked them about whether people around the world would be able to buy it from them. No reply yet on this matter. Let's see what they say.
hkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
You can buy it in China. Hanlin which made the V8 is a China company.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by segatang
You can buy it in China. Hanlin which made the V8 is a China company.
Yes, it is possible to buy it from China, but with no possibility of future firmware updates The firmaware, wich is installed now in chinese V8 readers is very raw and unfinished now.
Lbooks have more possibilities due to better firmware, and you can count on new updates often enough for free.
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:24 AM   #4
hkabir
e-bookviner

I got email reply about Lbook. They said:

"The English interface is stipulated in the device, therefore can read as usually, loading simply books."
Old 09-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
hkabir, can you share some links to the Lbook for more information?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
Is it not the HanLin V8? Or am I missing something?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
hkabir
e-bookviner

The web address of Lbook is : http://www.lbook.com.ua/
But it's in Russian, so you have to use Babelfish ( http://babelfish.altavista.com/ ) to translate the webpage in English if you don't speak or read Russian.

Yes, Lbook is basically Hanlin V8; but it is more suitable for non-chinese readers as I understood. Moreover, the company in Russia took initiative to make some changes in the softwares to make it more convenient. Now if you ask me: what changes? Answer: I don't know. I have never used Hanlin or Lbook. So I'm not the best person to answer that. There are some other members in this forum who are more knowledgeable than me. I ask them to say something. It is important because sony reader is also coming out close to the same time in the market. We should know what more Lbook can do for us over sony reader.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:04 AM   #8
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

Here is about firmware differences.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=35
Chinese V8 don't have:
- normal txt reader
- html reader
- good fonts

Lbook will very soon have new fonts for txt reader (now only 2 sizes for txt)
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...?p=52220#52220

and will have normal html reader, using different fonts (bold, italic etc.)

This will not be available soon in chinese V8 (or will never be...) Till some Jinke "partners", who want to distribute V8, do the same great work (as LVD and other people are doing) for localization and improving V8's software themselves...
Old 09-02-2006, 09:50 AM   #9
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast
sjaaks V8 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8
TaKir,

When I ordered my Hanlin V8 at Jinke directly in China, they asked which one of the two I preferred. The Chinese-English model or the Russian-English model. My choice was the Russian English because of a language preference to the Russian.

Now my question to you is, why should this be a different book than the Russian Lbook?
sjaaks V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaaks V8
TaKir,

Now my question to you is, why should this be a different book than the Russian Lbook?
Because chinese have old version of russian software.
We have software updates 1-2 times per month. I use #9 update now.
What they have - is a first or second update (from 10 or 12).

But hardware is the same, of course
Old 09-03-2006, 04:15 AM   #11
sjaaks V8
Enthusiast
sjaaks V8 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8
TaKir

The "machine" is nearly perfect. Yes, the screen looks like a page in a book. Don't let you fool by it, its a computer. In the future there are different types to choose from. Better ones. Even with less weight. Smaller size with a bigger screen. The first colour will be white on the background. Other colours will follow.

So in the mean time, I love this machine, to play with, to read on. It would be nice that the Russians will help us out with the better software updates. They are the finest people in the world.
sjaaks V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 05:50 AM   #12
hkabir
e-bookviner

the folilowing website in Moscow is taking orders for Lbook: http://www.utility.ru/product_info.p...48/language/en
Accoring to them the price is US$393.75. Isn't it little higher than what people are expected to pay?
Old 09-10-2006, 06:01 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@hkabir

I got different pricing information from LVD, but that was a while ago, maybe it'd be best to let LVD or TaKir comment on this...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:44 AM   #14
LVD
Connoisseur
LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LVD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

http://www.lbook.com.ua/en/Products/lBook%20V8
LVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
So, that's 320$, makes roughly 250€...add 16% Import VAT for Germany and add shipping and you'll get it for a bit over 300€ here in Germany. It's cheaper than the Iliad for sure...^^
It's a real pity that import VAT is applied to just about everything here and that it boosts the price quite a bit or I might be tempted to get the V8 (or rather the Lbook) as a "second" to use where I won't take my Iliad...^^
For 250€ I'd really think about getting one...maybe the price will come down or somebody will start selling htem in Germany...we'll see...

But nice that there is somebody closer than China working on improving the device and selling it fro an affordable amount of money! Good work LVD!!!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote