Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Do I need MobiReader for DRM'ed or can I...

Do I need MobiReader for DRM'ed or can I use Calibre

If i buy a DRM'ed book from Barns & Noble do I need to use MobiReader? Is there a special way that DRM'ed books need to be handled or loaded on the SD card?

Also, sorrr for so many posts on almost related topics. I'm trying to get my ducks lined up for the JBL arrival.
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
It is my understanding that B&N is offering ebooks in the format of a couple of
ebook distributors that they acquired, Fictionwise and eReader. The format is the
DRM .pdb file. The current 0.15 firmware for the JBL handles this format pretty well.

As far as loading them on an SD card, it is just the same as any other supported
file format.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-14-2010, 02:51 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
not Mobidedrm

The drm on Barnes and Noble books is handled by a different script called ignoble.pyw developed by I Cabbages.

You can store your drm'd ebooks in Calibre, but the drm must first be removed if you wish to use Calibre to convert the ebook to a different format.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
The drm on Barnes and Noble books is handled by a different script called ignoble.pyw developed by I Cabbages.

You can store your drm'd ebooks in Calibre, but the drm must first be removed if you wish to use Calibre to convert the ebook to a different format.

cheers
Ok Sounds good. I wasn't going to get into DRM removal at this time. I want to see how the natural flow of a DRM'ed book is carried out.
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote