Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #46
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
polly's Avatar
 
Posts: 454
Karma: 270240
Join Date: Aug 2009
Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
Does anybody else get a weird page number placement on the left side when viewing epub files? It makes a word obscured and hard to read.

That's an ePub issue versus a reader issue. The best work around is to format the book with a slightly wider margin so that you don't have page number and letters fighting for the same screen real estate.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 AM   #47
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.
 
luag's Avatar
 
Posts: 144
Karma: 30
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Device: Onyx Boox 60
Is it possible not to include page numbers in the epub files? The page number information is already included in Boox's toolbar at the bottom anyways.

Thanks
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #48
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!
 
Posts: 154
Karma: 112134
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
[QUOTE=luag;736808]Finally! After years following the e-readers technology. I finally decided that Boox is going to be my first e-reader. Not that I haven't tried to buy one before, but it's difficult to obtain in Indonesia, and it's finally available here.QUOTE]

Where did you get it from in Indonesia and what was the cost? I live in KL and I get to Jakarta at least a few times a year; it would be nice to avoid the usual import duties etc. for once.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #49
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.
 
luag's Avatar
 
Posts: 144
Karma: 30
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
Finally! After years following the e-readers technology. I finally decided that Boox is going to be my first e-reader. Not that I haven't tried to buy one before, but it's difficult to obtain in Indonesia, and it's finally available here.
Where did you get it from in Indonesia and what was the cost? I live in KL and I get to Jakarta at least a few times a year; it would be nice to avoid the usual import duties etc. for once.
Please check your PM
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #50
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes
 
pietvo's Avatar
 
Posts: 514
Karma: 24612
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochabamba, BO
Device: Onyx Boox 60, iPod Touch
My wife would like to know if you can search for recipes on the Internet and then have them on the reader while she is cooking. I suppose it is possible but is it usable? I am interested myself also but I usually don't follow recipes to the letter. So for me it is less important.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #51
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 2,753
Karma: 12637778
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
ill try it tomorrow. I have downloaded a book from gutenberg (which i will make a video of tomorrow) but I haven't tried this yet.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #52
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 200
Karma: 543543
Join Date: Mar 2007
Did you guys see my video Interview with the Onyx team at CES? http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70046

They talk about features in the possible firmware updates.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #53
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
MikeOnyx's Avatar
 
Posts: 140
Karma: 552380
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Device: Onyx Boox
I wonder who did this video.

Last edited by MikeOnyx; 01-19-2010 at 06:59 PM.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #54
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
MikeOnyx's Avatar
 
Posts: 140
Karma: 552380
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbax View Post
Did you guys see my video Interview with the Onyx team at CES? http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70046

They talk about features in the possible firmware updates.
HEHE, there's me in the background.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #55
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 200
Karma: 543543
Join Date: Mar 2007
Hey Mike, would you like to tell us who the three people are in the video?

I think that your product looks great, and you seem to have connectivity and the touch screen well integrated already at this point. I look forward to see how well you manage all the features, such as the RSS reader and I would like to suggest you a killer application that I think will probably make e-ink readers a huge success:

- Synchronize them wirelesly with Android devices such as phones and tablets and synchronize them with Laptop web browsers through extensions.

For example:

- I want to click one button when browsing the web on my Android tablet/phone or Chrome Laptop and have the articles automatically added to my e-ink device reading queue wirelesly. If possible by some kind of push mechanism, otherwise just some kind of quick synchronization when in synchronization mode.

Then I also want one-click synchronization back from the wacom based e-reader to my laptop. For example:

- 5 people collaborate on editing a text. They can read it and annotate it all collaboratively in real-time.

So I think you need to integrate the annotations into Google Wave and Google Sidewiki
(some future version of Sidewiki to integrate overlay .png file annotations?).

Also, you select some text using the wacom, that selected text should then be highlighted when editing the same text on the laptop.

Usefuly case scenario: You read some articles, any text, you quickly select interesting parts that you either want to comment on later or that you want to change or that you want to quote.

So definitely it might not be easy, but a Google Wave robot or extension which synchronizes text markings or even annotations (also eventually using online based handwriting recognition service or shortcuts scribble service that I think Google should offer soon).

If you can make this work, I think all students, all professionals and everyone who enjoys reading and commenting and editing texts will want to buy this type of solution.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 PM   #56
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
dioib's Avatar
 
Posts: 110
Karma: 550104
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Lightbulb

If this beauty had a decent DJVU reader (like Tigran's) which could handle 5-10 MB file sizes, I would be a definite buyer. Lord, I love that Wacom display!
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #57
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
MikeOnyx's Avatar
 
Posts: 140
Karma: 552380
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbax View Post
Hey Mike, would you like to tell us who the three people are in the video?

I think that your product looks great, and you seem to have connectivity and the touch screen well integrated already at this point. I look forward to see how well you manage all the features, such as the RSS reader and I would like to suggest you a killer application that I think will probably make e-ink readers a huge success:

- Synchronize them wirelesly with Android devices such as phones and tablets and synchronize them with Laptop web browsers through extensions.

For example:

- I want to click one button when browsing the web on my Android tablet/phone or Chrome Laptop and have the articles automatically added to my e-ink device reading queue wirelesly. If possible by some kind of push mechanism, otherwise just some kind of quick synchronization when in synchronization mode.

Then I also want one-click synchronization back from the wacom based e-reader to my laptop. For example:

- 5 people collaborate on editing a text. They can read it and annotate it all collaboratively in real-time.

So I think you need to integrate the annotations into Google Wave and Google Sidewiki
(some future version of Sidewiki to integrate overlay .png file annotations?).

Also, you select some text using the wacom, that selected text should then be highlighted when editing the same text on the laptop.

Usefuly case scenario: You read some articles, any text, you quickly select interesting parts that you either want to comment on later or that you want to change or that you want to quote.

So definitely it might not be easy, but a Google Wave robot or extension which synchronizes text markings or even annotations (also eventually using online based handwriting recognition service or shortcuts scribble service that I think Google should offer soon).

If you can make this work, I think all students, all professionals and everyone who enjoys reading and commenting and editing texts will want to buy this type of solution.

Hey,

Funny thing is we have a few content providers saying they want something similar to it. I cannot say who they are at the moment, but the idea is pretty similar. However, your idea seem to use the same concept but use it for shared note taking. That's quite smart. I do appreciate the suggestion, please keep them coming.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #58
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
MikeOnyx's Avatar
 
Posts: 140
Karma: 552380
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
If this beauty had a decent DJVU reader (like Tigran's) which could handle 5-10 MB file sizes, I would be a definite buyer. Lord, I love that Wacom display!
Also, the people in the video. The first girl (younger girl) is Qing, she's with the company part time, and she goes to school in New York. The second woman is Kim, she is the chairman of Onyx International. The guy is Hong, he is the CTO of the company. Hope that helps.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #59
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
dioib's Avatar
 
Posts: 110
Karma: 550104
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
Also, the people in the video. The first girl (younger girl) is Qing, she's with the company part time, and she goes to school in New York. The second woman is Kim, she is the chairman of Onyx International. The guy is Hong, he is the CTO of the company. Hope that helps.
Well, say hello for us to Qing, Kim and Hong and if I may say, Qing is so charming (I also like her honesty)

Anyway, you didn't answer my question DJVU format: how does BOOX handle DJVU?
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:27 AM   #60
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
MikeOnyx's Avatar
 
Posts: 140
Karma: 552380
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioib View Post
Well, say hello for us to Qing, Kim and Hong and if I may say, Qing is so charming (I also like her honesty)

Anyway, you didn't answer my question DJVU format: how does BOOX handle DJVU?
According to corporate, this format will be supported in 3-4 weeks.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boox, onyx

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ended Onyx Boox 60 - NEW pashlit Flea Market 2 08-18-2010 04:27 PM
Onyx Boox in UK - how much and where? m-reader Onyx Boox 2 06-25-2010 02:00 AM
Ended Onyx Boox 60 puglover333 Flea Market 0 05-19-2010 10:05 AM
Onyx Boox 60 S Thomasss News 40 03-03-2010 03:03 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.