|01-07-2010, 10:29 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Kindle for PC login fix
I downloaded the Kindle for PC fix today and it refused to accept my (valid) username and password. After a bit of debugging I found one of the SSL certificates was missing on my fairly new Windows7 PC. Here's how I fixed it.
1. In IE, go to https://firs-ta-g7g.amazon.com. If you are affected by the same issue as me you will get a certificate error screen. Click the 'go to the website' link.
2. Click the red Certificate Error box in the address bar.
3. Click View Certificates.
4. Click the Certification Path tab.
5. Click VeriSign Trust Network.
6. Click View Certificate, then Install Certificate, then Next.
7. Select the 'Place all..." option, click Browse then select 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities", click OK.
8. Click Next, then Finish, then OK.
Your Kindle for PC app will now log in.
|02-13-2010, 07:59 AM||#3|
Join Date: Feb 2010
I do have a similar (or same) issue. When I try to log onto Kindle-For-PC with my correct email and password I get following error message: "Failed to connect with http status code 0"
I tried your fix, but the link https://firs-ta-g7g.amazon.com seems broken.
Anywhere else I can try get the SSL certificate?
I am running Windows 7. My second computer running the same system connects fine.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to fix author sort for Kindle||Isherwood||Calibre||43||10-15-2014 03:56 PM|
|Do you want to scan and fix Kindle?||wayner||Amazon Kindle||23||02-01-2011 04:26 PM|
|Content Kindle 3 Can't Login on SafariBooksOnline||BSalita||Amazon Kindle||14||09-17-2010 04:02 AM|
|Login to Kindle 2 via ftp||Karlios||Amazon Kindle||3||01-18-2010 06:01 PM|
|Kindle Login||rubikscube99||Amazon Kindle||20||03-12-2009 07:19 PM|