Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 05:23 AM   #1
halfrabbit
halfrabbit began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Arg auto scrolling

I have no idea if this is a "feature" that everyone just lives with, but it is negatively affecting my reading.

My Sony PRS-600 has a problem. I notice that when it's going to happen the first button press (forwards) does absolutely nothing. The second press starts it on it's merry way and from there back and forwards start the book forwarding on the first press. It then flips through about 3-4 pages a second. If you press the back button while it's merrily racing forwards nothing happens but the second you press the forward button it stops going forward and goes back showing about 6 pages a second before slowing down to the 3-4/sec. If you press the forward button when going forwards without first pressing the back button then it stops.

I've tried calibrating the touch screen and checked all the options but can't see anything to change. This problem doesn't occur when using the touch screen however I prefer using the buttons most of the time. I've also plugged in into the computer (calibre) and done a full turn off (the 10 seconds on the power button). Now that I think of it this problem started when I saw a suggestion posted on this board to calibrate the battery meter. Draining the battery fully then charging it all the way to the top. Well it seems to have fixed that issue............ but

Please can anyone help me. You don't know pain until you see your page number slip away at a million miles/kilometres a second.

P.S. I've tried both PDF's and EPUBS and both have the problem now.
halfrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:34 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Maybe there's dirt or something under the button causing it to malfunction, so the reader thinks it's staying pressed so it turns the pages like that. This has never happened to my PRS-600. Have you tried to email Sony support?
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
halfrabbit
halfrabbit began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I blew on the keys and pressed them lots of times but that didn't help. I tried the rtf book that came with the reader and the eink was updating about 7-8 times a second. (I have no idea how it updates so fast)

I decided to try a hard reset via the pinhole at the bottom and the problem thankfully stopped. I am worried that it'll come back though as I don't know what caused it.
halfrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote