Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Beppe - in memoriam

I don't know how many of you remember Beppe, I believe it was 4 or 5 years since he was active here, but some of you might remember, and I wanted to pay tribute to him here and also announce this, as this was were I got to know him.

Beppe died on the 9. of August, at the age of 73. He is much mourned by his family and friends.

I met Beppe here on Mobileread and we became very close friends about six years ago - friends of the heart. He was a unique person, highly intelligent and very sensitive to people.

I want to honor him by this post, as I feel that I learned much from him and I miss him very much. Most importantly he showed me the importance of the soul, of understanding and seeing with the heart as well as the mind. He showed me depths of art, poetry and classical music that I never saw before.

We also had great disagreements. We could never talk politics without at least one of us losing our temper. I see things from at least three possible viewpoints, and he was so certain of his opinions that he just had to skim the news. In the end we (I?) agreed to disagree. And then we talked books and art and cooking and music instead.

He taught me that temper and anger can go hand in hand with friendship and love, and that I could be all of myself and still be loved.

Beppe lived very fully. I feel he died too early - maybe because he took such great, big mouthfuls of life while he lived it. At least that's what I like to think.

Beppe had little religion in the usual sense, yet I believe he understood spirituality with the heart and I know he felt an affinity for the great and eternal goddess of love and life. If he exist anywhere now, I believe he is with Her.

I am very happy to have known Beppe and feel so sad to have lost him so soon.

Ea

IN MEMORIAM BEPPE

Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjalfr it sama,
en orðstírr
deyr aldregi,
hveim er sér góðan getr.

Deyr fé,
deyja frændr,
deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn,
at aldrei deyr:
dómr um dauðan hvern.

Hávamál, stanza 76 and 77
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
How Many Shopping Days?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made + Kobo Aura + Nexus7.2!
Oh dear ... he was a truly unique personality here at MR ... and at one time a stalwart participant in the Lounge ...

Thank you Ea for sharing this with MR ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:27 PM   #3
Pajamaman
Addict
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I didn't know him but I understand your loss. My heart goes out to you. Sleep peacefully and time heals all.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I didn't know him, but I have lost other "close friends" that I knew only from their posts in other forums (Wes, Jaap) so I can understand the void he must be leaving. Take care.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:52 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV
I remember his name -- I'll have to go search for his posts to better remember him. I'm so sorry to hear about this!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:16 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
That's very sad. I enjoyed his posts very much and regretted it when he stopped writing here.

Ea, thanks for informing us!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:48 AM   #7
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura , Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I am very happy to have known Beppe and feel so sad to have lost him so soon.
Me too! This is very sad, indeed. I really loved hopping in the Coffeethread in the mornings and find Astra and Beppe there. It was a wonderful time with them here on mobileread and I missed them both very much.

Thank you for letting us know.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:34 AM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I don't know if I ever heard of him. Of course no one can catch every post on any message board. May he rest in peace.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:21 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6
Thank you for letting us know. I'm sorry to hear of his death - we had many enjoyable debates here at MR.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #10
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy J7, & an iPod Nano.
I just now saw this and am saddened by his demise. He was indeed a unique individual with his own entertaining way of seeing the world.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote