Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Gift Card redemption

Aaaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

I recieved a gift card for xmas from one of my friends, bought at Best Buy. It's an actual ift card. I scratched off the scratch off area, and went to my account. Clicked on "Redeem Code". I put the number (the one I had to scratch off to get) in the box, and when I hot enter it asks for a pin. There are 3 other numbers on the card including the br code. No matter what order I put them in, it won't put it onto my account. I've been on the phone so long with Customer support I have a crick in my neck. Any suggestions?
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hrmm, I've never had a problem redeeming gift cards. It's been a while since I did it though, and I don't remember there being a pin at all.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thats what the guy at the Sony store said, he said there shouldn't be a pin. If I Put in the number I scratched off in the code box it asks me for a pin. If I try to put anything else in the box (other than what I scratched off) it says invalid code
Old 12-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

That is so weird. The only way I can think of to help you would have you take a picture of the card, but of course that would give away your number. I wish I still had one of my old cards to see what numbers you are talking about.

Did you check your account again to see if it posted and you just didn't see it?
Old 12-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfoldedigorsk reads XML... blindfolded

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Are you sure it's a gift card for ebooks and not a generic gift card?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
The ebook gift cards I've had recently start with 3 letters followed by 9 numbers (I think that's the amount of numbers, I don't have the cards anymore). This is what is under the scratch off area; it never asked for a PIN.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Aaaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!

I recieved a gift card for xmas from one of my friends, bought at Best Buy. It's an actual ift card. I scratched off the scratch off area, and went to my account. Clicked on "Redeem Code". I put the number (the one I had to scratch off to get) in the box, and when I hot enter it asks for a pin. There are 3 other numbers on the card including the br code. No matter what order I put them in, it won't put it onto my account. I've been on the phone so long with Customer support I have a crick in my neck. Any suggestions?
What is it a gift card for? Is is actually for the Sony ebook store? Can you take a pic of it and attach it... (obscuring the numbers on it)?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

It's okay, I asked for the supervisor and he ended up putting it on my account for me. I don't know what he ended up doing. The number under the scratch off was something like: NGC 547 910 7797
The supervisor told me he changed the C to an E and that worked. So I guess my gift card number was messed up? I don't know, but it took 3 people and an hour and a half to add it to my account. And to think that's what I wanted for Christmas, lol....
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Well I'm glad that worked for you!!!! At least you know you aren't crazy
Old 12-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #10
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

I KNOW!!!!

I was sitting there, like, "What is wrong with me?!?" Good to know it's not me just being a nut. Thanks for all the input tho; The guy I was talking to from cust service wasn't doing the job, I figured someone here would know. Thanks, and have a good holiday everyone!!