Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #31
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
Great news, provided it is still true next week. I'll be there for a conference. Maybe I can sneak one in my briefcase to come home with me
Woow... would your briefcase be big enough for another device or two?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #32
AWSmith
AWSmith began at the beginning.

It seems you guys have an inside track on some of this stuff. My questions are fairly straight forward as someone who wants this technology, has money to spend now, have an immediate need to read in many different locations:
1. What will the cost be when they finally ship (final number not some range)
2. Probability of getting a unit prior to September 2006?
3. What is the probability of shipping to consumers in September 2006?
4. What is the probability of shipping to consumers in December 2006?
5. Who are the B2B partners (besides those mentioned on the website) to attempt to circumvent the consumer route delay?
Evaluating a Micron tablet PC and will go that route if the answers to my questions above are not satisfactory, will just bite the bullet on cost, reading stress and low battery life. Gotta have an answer by end of June!
AWSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #33
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSmith
1. What will the cost be when they finally ship (final number not some range)
iRex gave the price as 549,- Euro + VAT + shipping might change though
Quote:
2. Probability of getting a unit prior to September 2006?
I would say very slimm unless you are a customer of their B2B partners.
Quote:
3. What is the probability of shipping to consumers in September 2006?
I would guess about 75%. Since the devices are done, and its enough time to update the OS. On the other hand i think they wait and see how it goes with their B2B partners. If it doesnt, they might just not sell to consumers at all because of warranty issues.
Quote:
4. What is the probability of shipping to consumers in December 2006?
If its not done in September, then it probably wont ship ever. so 1%
Quote:
5. Who are the B2B partners (besides those mentioned on the website) to attempt to circumvent the consumer route delay?
Other than the mentioned ones. I dont know.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #34
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSmith
Cannot answer for sure, but check out this thread for participating publishers, including those who are going to launch further trials with the iLiad.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #35
haasiesoft
Enthusiast
haasiesoft began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
by the way...

what is the feeling for reading pdf files in a4 fornat ??

andreas
haasiesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #36
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by haasiesoft
by the way...

what is the feeling for reading pdf files in a4 fornat ??

andreas
Actually it's A5

Just print the pdf to the screen size of the Iliad to see how it would go
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #37
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Just so say that tomorrow is a holiday here in Portugal, and so i'll finally have some free time to make the videos, take more pictures.

Just post what you would like to see, and when i come back on friday i'll upload them somewhere.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #38
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'd like to see some screen refresh action mainly...but actually the vids aren#t too important for me...
But thanks anyway...

Did you receive any new sotware updates for your Iliad? How's battery life now? Those are questions i'd be much more interested in...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 AM   #39
Henrycat
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I'd like to see some screen refresh action mainly...but actually the vids aren#t too important for me...
But thanks anyway...

Did you receive any new sotware updates for your Iliad? How's battery life now? Those are questions i'd be much more interested in...^^
Not yet.

The "final" OS should be released in the last week of this month if everything is going ok.

I'll have to send an email to see how things are going...

Finally lose the notepad to keep track of the pages i'm reading

Too bad the software companies took this long just to implement these features...
Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 AM   #40
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

can you use your finger for the touchscreen, or do you have to use the stylus?

btw, Id like to see some notetaking
Old 06-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #41
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I suppose you'll have to use the stylus since its a wacom penabled...the tech is in the pen, not the screen which makes the screen a lot more resistant than a normal touchscreen bu also prevents you from using your finger...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #42
Henrycat
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
can you use your finger for the touchscreen, or do you have to use the stylus?

btw, Id like to see some notetaking
Yep, you need to use the stylus. In the beginning i wondered if using the fingers wouldn't add value, but using just the stylus is "cleaner"
Old 06-15-2006, 02:29 AM   #43
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Henrycat, can you ask, if 4GB SD and CF cards are supported, since i'll need a new card abyways, and this way, i could always have all the papers and manuals with me? I would do it myself, but i guess, i wouldnt get an answer Thanks
Old 06-15-2006, 08:35 AM   #44
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Hi tribble - nice avatar! I see you swapped the accordion for something slightly different...!!
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #45
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbogler
Hi tribble - nice avatar! I see you swapped the accordion for something slightly different...!!
Yap, (thanks for the appretiation for all the work i put into making it )thought it would fit me more, than the accordion. Cant wait, till this is reality. Well, about three weeks to go.

Last edited by tribble; 06-15-2006 at 09:13 AM.