Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
troykm
Connoisseur
troykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
Changing fonts on ECO reader??

is there any way to change the fonts on the eco reader (hanlin v3)??

i know you can in the mobi format, but i have books in a lot of different formats, is there a way of changing the system font so that all ebooks open in that font??
i have tried installing a ttf font on the sd card and changing it in the settings to that font but nothing happens, am i doing something wrong?

thanks

troykm
troykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by troykm View Post
is there any way to change the fonts on the eco reader (hanlin v3)??

i know you can in the mobi format, but i have books in a lot of different formats, is there a way of changing the system font so that all ebooks open in that font??
i have tried installing a ttf font on the sd card and changing it in the settings to that font but nothing happens, am i doing something wrong?

thanks

troykm
Yes, you can change the system fonts. The Hanlin site tell how to do it. You must place four different fonts in the /fonts folder to get it to work. you need the base font, italic font, bold font, and italic bold.

For example I use the Schoolbook font and here is the 4 files.

Schlbk.ttf, Schlbkb.ttf, Schlbkbi.ttf, Schlbki.ttf. Note the naming convention is critical. One is named with the font name, The bold one ends in b, the italic one ends in i, and the bold italic ends in bi.

Having said that the system fonts are not used by all the reading applications on the Reader. Mobi has their own (you can replace them also), ePUB has its own, PDF has its own, fb2 has its own.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
troykm
Connoisseur
troykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
thanks for that Dale :-)
troykm is offline   Reply With Quote