Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #16
Robotech_Master
Evangelist
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

David Rothman heard something similar from someone else, too. So I called Cherrypal via their support number, and Max answered the phone. He explained it was the result of a carrier snafu aggravated by it being the holiday season, but the units were still on track for delivery within two weeks of the date of order.

Full details at

http://www.teleread.org/2009/12/29/c...date-of-order/

Last edited by Robotech_Master; 12-30-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
Robotech_Master
Evangelist
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's another update on shipping status and customer service from Cherrypal:

http://www.teleread.org/2009/12/31/c...status-update/
Old 01-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
Robotech_Master
Evangelist

I'm not going to be writing this one up for TeleRead, but I just spoke with Max over Skype. He reported that demand had been really high, so he'd had to divert the review units I would be getting to paying customers. He promised he'd ship mine out next week, though. A bit sad, but at least the paying customers should actually be getting theirs starting pretty soon.

He said there had been one batch of orders over the Christmas holidays that had to be cancelled due to a shipper snafu, and he had offered to refund the customers' money or upgrade them to a slightly better computer. Most had taken the upgrade.

He said that the holidays had been a problem, and that even the shippers had been surprised by how much extra traffic they'd gotten. He also said he had been in touch with all the current customers to let them know the status of their orders.

And he said that when people paid with a PayPal e-check, they are not able to ship until the payment has cleared, which can add 7 to 10 extra days to the ordering process.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #19
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
If not two weeks. Paypal are sluggish as heck at processing those.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #20
Robotech_Master
Evangelist

My latest piece on Cherrypal: http://bit.ly/6g36R4

Cherrypal has been having some trouble filling orders for the Africa, nobody has gotten their hands on one yet, and some people are rather concerned. I asked chairman Max Seybold a few more questions about the situation.

I still think Cherrypal is on the up and up, just having trouble due to higher than expected numbers, the holiday season, and just plain bad luck. Some people aren't so sure, though.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #21
kolrone
Enthusiast
kolrone doesn't litterkolrone doesn't litter

Device: jetBook-Lite, eBookwise-1150
I pre-ordered the Cherrypal Bing last year when they had the deal that came with a free C120. I believe it was back in January or February of last year.

After several months of waiting and not much response, I got a refund through whatever order service they were using at the time (I believe it was through Amazon Marketplace). I thought it was a great deal, but I was very disappointed that I never received what I ordered.

For everyone who has purchased something, just be aware I wasn't the only one who had this issue.
kolrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #22
Robotech_Master
Evangelist

For what it's worth, a couple of new developments in the continuing Cherrypal-o-rama.

One person who had planned to purchase ten devices if he could come to suitable payment terms reported getting through to Max Seybold and coming to suitable payment terms.

In a later comment in the same thread, a German Africa orderer reported that the tracking number he had been given had started to work, and is updating the tracking information in a post on his blog. (The tracking widget shows the device travelling from Baoding to a distribution center in Beijing, then leaving the distribution center.)

Hopefully before the week is out people will actually start receiving these devices. My own order, #1035, for sample devices still shows "pending". I've been told it will ship this week.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #23
atari
not established
atari began at the beginning.

Device: /dev/null
Exclamation Cherrypal - Shipment Online Tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
In a later comment in the same thread, a German Africa orderer reported that the tracking number he had been given had started to work, and is updating the tracking information in a post on his blog. (The tracking widget shows the device travelling from Baoding to a distribution center in Beijing, then leaving the distribution center.)
There is an update in my blog about the Cherrypal-Africa. The shipment associated with my tracking number received from Max Seybold is not on the way to me, but to a man in Lübeck. Contacted Cherrypal about this issue, but no answer till now...
atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #24
Robotech_Master
Evangelist

Wow.

Just…wow.

I am totally with Nate the Great now. Even if they're being completely honest, there is no excuse for this level of incompetence.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #25
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Wow.

Just…wow.

I am totally with Nate the Great now. Even if they're being completely honest, there is no excuse for this level of incompetence.
It was atari's post that removed the final doubt that this is a scam.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #26
shermantom
shermantom began at the beginning.

Device: none
where is my $300
shermantom is offline   Reply With Quote